In store purchase Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wnt2bsleepin, Oct 12, 2011.

1. Wnt2bsleepin macrumors newbie

This will be my first Iphone (Sprint), and I had a question about buying it in the store. Do you have to have it activated in store or can you just purchase it and activate it at home. I would prefer just to walk in and buy it, then walk out. Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

2. naples09 macrumors member

How would anyone know? That would be up to Sprint. You tell us, did they let you do that with your other phones?

3. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Hard to say. Some years iPhones were activated in-store other years via iTunes. If you really want a virgin phone the order for home delivery. It the only way to guarantee it until we get more details on Sprint & Apples game plan for launch day.

4. Justim macrumors 6502

Unless you buy it outright, more than likely your current phone will be cut off (if upgrading), or you will have a new active line. Either way the serial(whatever sprint calls it) of the phone will be in use.

You can request that they not take it out of the box to do a personal setup with you, if that's what you are asking.

5. Wnt2bsleepin thread starter macrumors newbie

Well, I was talking about buying in the Apple store.

I kinda figured, although it was more a matter of time than me wanting a virgin phone. I assumed that doing the set up thing would take too long, and I don't have much time to pick it up Friday.

I may just end up ordering online, seems like that is the way to go.