In-store replacement iPad2 - still have 4.3.0 installed?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by JayHD, Jun 16, 2011.

1. JayHD macrumors member

My iPad2 has horrid backlight bleeding. Applecare already approved a replacement, but I'm reluctant to be given one with an iOS version higher than 4.3, just in case Comex's jailbreak won't run on 4.3.x.

If I get a replacement unit today, does anyone know which firmware will be installed?

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I just go my iPhone exchanged on Monday and it came with iOS 4.3.3 already installed.

3. Kyotoma macrumors 68000

Kyotoma

Not sure if this is the same case, but when I got a new iPhone recently, it came with 4.3.3 preloaded. Not sure what the replacements will have, but I'm willing to think that it will also have 4.3.3 on it. Then again, I'm not positive.

4. Syk macrumors 6502a

I'm going to guess 4.3.3. I bought a new iPad Friday and it had 4.3.3 on it. I'm guessing the replacements will also

5. Phil-82 macrumors member

The jailbreak will be for the highest possible FW (probably excluding io5 beta).

This is because apple doesnt know what to patch until the exploit is released. Dont worry, youll be able to jailbreak

6. CH34P3T macrumors regular

I got a replacement iPad last Wednesday and it came with 4.3.3

7. JayHD thread starter macrumors member

Phil - Have you seen confirmation of that? I recall Comex (or was it i0nic) originally confirming a boot rom exploit that only worked on 4.3. Everyone is assuming the actual release will be a userland/PDF exploit, but I haven't seem confirmation of that fact.

Hopefully we'll know for sure this weekend and this will be a pointless discussion. Either way, thanks for the feedback.

8. hammten macrumors regular

This isn't necessarily true...