In-Store Reservation Procedure

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KPOM, Sep 14, 2015.

1. KPOM macrumors G5

For those who have done in-store reservations in the past, how does it work? I've usually either had it shipped to me on launch day, or in the case of the iPhone 5s I did a walk-in on the Saturday. This year, I have an 8:00-8:30 in-store reservation for Friday the 25th.

The article on 9to5Mac suggests that Apple will start letting people line up at 6:00am, with separate lines for those with and without reservations. I certainly don't want to get in line 2 hours early, but don't want to miss my 8:00-8:30 window. Can I just show up around 8:00 and get into the "right" line? Hopefully Apple didn't cram too many reservations into each window.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/14/apple-retail-store-plans-iphone-6s/

2. TruBleu macrumors regular

For new buyers (without a pre-order reservation), it says "Apple will begin allocating reservations for customers that need them about fifteen minutes before doors open. Customers can leave their queue and rejoin at their reservation time". So, if they can get reservation and then leave the queue and rejoin at reservation time, I think it would be safe for us guys with an allotted slot to turn up at the slot time (or maybe 5 minutes earlier). I have an 8 AM slot too...not gonna be there before 7.55. The Apple Store is anyway just 5 mins if I dawdle from my flat and that's what I'll do :)

3. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

My reservation time is between 10 am to 10:30 am so I'll probably show up 9 or 9:30 am and let them know that I'm here. Since I placed a reservation via the iPhone UP link I should have any issues standing in the reservation line. But I might ask if they have the 6S+ AT&T model if i can switch to at the time of pick up (or place a reservation for the aT&T model and come back at my allotted time, but if not I'll just stick with the t-mobile, since if I purchased it outright, it will be unlocked anyways. Band 30 is not that important to me at all.

4. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

I'm not sure if it has changed from last year, but at the Apple Store I was at there was 1 line for people without a reservation (~300) and another line for people with a reservation (~20). When they opened the doors they took a handful of people from each line and then alternated between the two lines when someone was available to help. It didn't appear to me that the people with reservations were in the line in a specific order. It looked like first come, first serve.

5. iSlanderous macrumors regular

I have a iPhone 6s+ reserved for in store pickup 8:30 to 9am....@the cube. Is it insane to even go there?

I also ordered a phone through at&t but I got October 16-23 date. I want the phone on launch day with a 2 year contract, but is it insane to go near the cube? I would be willing to show up at like 6am I guess but I know the cube has a line usually.

6. comptr macrumors 65816

yup thats how it was last year. I stood in line so I got to see.

7. pazzo83 macrumors regular

So if I have an 8am reservation, and get in line at say 7:30am, and someone with a 4pm reservation is ahead of me, they will get served first? That doesn't seem to make much sense. I remember I did an in-store reservation for the first iPad Air, and I had to go at my specific reservation time or I was turned away.

8. bmms8 macrumors 68020

No, show up 15-30 minutes early and you'll be fine.

9. xenaki macrumors member

xenaki

The difference this year is that there are specific reserved times. Last year you could reserve for store pickup but it was first come first serve.

10. ckurt25 macrumors 6502a

ckurt25

Good to know and thanks for the info. I may do that next year.

11. MuGeN PoWeR macrumors 68020

MuGeN PoWeR

i hope that is the case. i have to take the train to get it and go to city creek apple store to get it. and if i get late i might be in a problem :/ lol