In Store Reservation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tills24, Jun 15, 2010.

1. tills24 macrumors member

Having an in store reservation of a phone, will I still need to wait in line come the 24th? Or will there be a line for people who have them reserved?

Jeff

2. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

From my previous iphone pickup, very long line. A few minutes to pickup is bogus. If ATT network stays up on the 24th. We all know it's not going to happen.

3. tills24 thread starter macrumors member

So is there one line, regardless of if you buy and pick up in the store, have it reserved in the store, or just are waiting without any reservation?

4. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

From my local store, they pretty much tell people to go home and come back the next day if you didn't pre-order. When you pre order for pickup, the term reads they will give your iphone away if you don't pickup the first day.

5. raremage macrumors 6502a

In the past they've had two lines, one for those with a reserved unit, one for those without reserved units.

Both lines can be long, but the reserve lines moves much more quickly than the "stand by" line. In the case of the Orlando store, for example, they have folks walking the reserve line checking your reservation and pulling the reserved units - so when you get to the head of the line, the transaction takes place very quickly.

Good point raised on the AT&T network - how well that will stand up to the mass of activations is a bit of a toss up. Around mid-morning it usually falls down, but is back up after the mad rush from the west coast hits and working fine by late afternoon.