In-Store Stock at T-Mobile Stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mahler12x, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Mahler12x macrumors regular

Mahler12x

Has anyone ever heard of a T-Mobile store having stock of anything but maybe a 16GB iPhone 6? I read where someone was looking for a 6 Plus in 16GB but all they had were 128GB.

I was told by my local store they aren't even getting anything.

2. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Just called T-Mobile and at least for the plus they got nothing and they have no idea when they will come. They also have no idea when the pre-orders will actually arrive and all the dates they gave up to this point are void since they really have no idea how long the backorder will be. That's according to one I just spoke with.

Best bet for getting a new phone for T-Mobile is to get a Verizon model I think and just pop in the sim card.

3. Mahler12x thread starter macrumors regular

Mahler12x

You called your local T-Mobile store? Yeah, I was just reading on another thread here, a couple people were able to just walk in and get a 128GB. They each said the store had "a few" because folks just didn't want to pay for their JUMP! upgrade. Seems odd to me.

----------

Meant to quote you for my reply

----------

I'm still waiting for my local stores to open so I can check. I'll report back.

4. andyx3x macrumors 65816

I've been in a few times and all they have are the 16gb versions. It was same way for the 5S from what I remember too. You either had to order a 32gb or larger online or they would order it for you and you could pick it up there.

5. xealo macrumors 6502

It's one of those far and few between things I think. My local TMO store doesn't carry any at all, 6+ for sure. At least that's what it was on release day. They have you come in and order in-store for shipment to home.

6. Mahler12x thread starter macrumors regular

Mahler12x

Yeah, that's what I've always heard. Was kind of surprised to read these other posters getting 128GB in-store. Not sure what part of the country it was in.

7. GIZBUG macrumors 65816

GIZBUG

Two T-Mobile stores in Chicago today told me all they have are 128 GB Iphone 6. My thinking for this, no body wants to spend THAT kind of money for that size. 64GB is the sweet spot, and thats why they are sold out.

8. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Yeah I can't ever imagine needing a 128gb phone. Someone please tell me what you would need that for.

9. mjb59463 macrumors 6502

Music, photos, apps, movies. Between those 4, I have 863 mb left on my 64gb 5s