In store student discount?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by AtomicGiraffe, Feb 13, 2012.

1. AtomicGiraffe macrumors newbie

So I go to High School in New York City. My school gives out student IDs with photos so you can scan in everyday coming into school (one barcode is for front door entrance, second barcode is for library entrance). Is it possible for me to go into an Apple Store, ask the salesman for the $100 student discount and then show him my school photo ID?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, you can, as you'll see stated in dozens, perhaps hundreds of existing threads. The forum search feature is really quite handy!

3. AtomicGiraffe thread starter macrumors newbie

The problem is that I always thought that these discounts were only given to college students, so I wanted to confirm.

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I missed that you're in high school. I believe you still can, but you may need to get a parent involved.

5. AppleDApp macrumors 68020

AppleDApp

To my knowledge edu discount is for college and university students. Call apple to find out.

6. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

You should be able to still get the discount. I know my mother gets the discount for being on the Board of Education and online you can search high schools for the discount so you should be good. At any rate it can't hurt to go check it out, worse case scenario they say no.

7. AppleFanatic10 macrumors 68030

AppleFanatic10

I doubt you can get a student discount because you're in high school. BUT if you know someone that's in college then maybe they'll be willing to let you use their discount? Hope this helps.

8. Medic278 macrumors 6502a

Medic278

Im pretty sure he will get the discount. They have really expanded the discount in the states.

9. elle775 macrumors newbie

I got my first mac while in high school, actually I was home schooled at the time and didn't have any issues getting a discount. This was seven years ago though so I'd call to make sure.

10. macindork macrumors member

I work for a school and get an educator discount :)