Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doeboynmek

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
Does anyone know what sizes the T-Mobile B&M stores are going to carry for the 6 and 6 plus? Last year they only carried 16GB variants, but I read somewhere they will be carrying all models and variants.

Anyone know the validity of this statement?

andyACEcandy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 11, 2008
No T-Mobile store in my entire area is getting any 6+... only the 6
They all made this very clear to me when I asked.

As for storage size, no clue but I'm assuming the abundance will be 16gb

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Does anyone know what sizes the T-Mobile B&M stores are going to carry for the 6 and 6 plus? Last year they only carried 16GB variants, but I read somewhere they will be carrying all models and variants.

Anyone know the validity of this statement?
I asked the manager of my local T-Mobile store and he said they won't know until they get the phones and unpack them to scan them in. He couldn't even tell me how many they were getting in.

winterny

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2010
Local store manager said that they were originally supposed to get at least 1 of every model 6/6+ (high volume store in a wealthy area).

He has since been informed that all 6+ inventory was cancelled for his store due to larger than expected preorder sales.

Rockies

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2011
Local store manager said that they were originally supposed to get at least 1 of every model 6/6+ (high volume store in a wealthy area).

He has since been informed that all 6+ inventory was cancelled for his store due to larger than expected preorder sales.

Code for: All of us employees are getting them before the customer.

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
Just called 6 T-Mobile stores. A few said that they don't know what they'll be getting until their deliveries are made later today or early tomorrow morning. A few actually said that they more than likely won't be getting any 6 Pluses because they're being used to fulfill pre-orders...

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
my local stores in so cal refused to tell me saying that they can't give out that information... what bs..they just expect people to show up and wait for phones they don't have?

how come these employees can't use their brains a little?

I think it may be for security reasons, so that people don't know exactly what they're getting if they decided to rob the place.

Only one of the stores that I called did they say that they weren't able to disclose the exact amount, but I was told that they didn't have any iPhone 6 Pluses.

I still don't know if it's worth trying a T-Mobile store or an Apple store at this point.

TheAppleGeek

macrumors 6502a
Apr 18, 2010
St. Louis
I just called the one T-Mobile store still open, and they guaranteed they would be open as first-come, first-serve, but would not have any iPhone 6 Plus models. I'm going to assume that's the same for every other store, too. Worth the risk, right?

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
None of the Tmobiles in my area will have the 6 Plus. The kiosks will the 6 at some point during the day but not at opening and the corporate stores will have the 6 at opening.

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
I think it may be for security reasons, so that people don't know exactly what they're getting if they decided to rob the place.

I laughed so hard at that response I spit my beer on the screen.

Wow.

1 - They have way more valuable inventory in the store already. And cash.

2 - A stolen iphone will be blacklisted so fast...

3 - You really think people would be robbing a store based on a phone inventory?

Wow

Wow

BeSweeet

macrumors 68000
Apr 2, 2009
San Antonio, TX
I laughed so hard at that response I spit my beer on the screen.

Wow.

1 - They have way more valuable inventory in the store already. And cash.

2 - A stolen iphone will be blacklisted so fast...

3 - You really think people would be robbing a store based on a phone inventory?

Wow

Wow

1. You're saying the iPhone 6, priced between $649 and $849, is less valuable than other devices offered at the stores? Hmm...
2. Robbers typically aren't the brightest
3. Well, yeah... How else would they know what they might be able to grab?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.