iPhone 11 Pro in store upgrade process?

A_Flying_Panda

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2017
has anyone did in store iUP upgrade before? when I pre-ordered the shipping wasn't available on the launch day so I opted for in store upgrade. do I need to give back the old phone on spot? or will I be given a box to ship the old device back?

Shadowbech

macrumors 603
Oct 18, 2011
Apple iPhone World
has anyone did in store iUP upgrade before? when I pre-ordered the shipping wasn't available on the launch day so I opted for in store upgrade. do I need to give back the old phone on spot? or will I be given a box to ship the old device back?
if you do the in-store iUP upgrade they do not give you a box to ship the device back. And yes you do give back the old phone on the spot as you upgrade.

Reactions: jbachandouris

newellj

macrumors 604
Oct 15, 2014
East of Eden
So...make sure you've done your backup first and remember that you can't restore a backup to a phone with a lower version of iOS. (Example: if you're on the 13.1 beta you won't be able to restore to a phone that comes out of the box with 13.)

Reactions: hungryteresa

DizzyV6P

macrumors regular
Mar 11, 2011
So I did the back-up through icloud backup on my 8+. My current OS is 12.4.1. I should be ok with Restoring backup on the new 11ProMax right?