In stores before preorder delivery

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ajo, Nov 9, 2017.

1. ajo macrumors 6502

These are limited I know, so because of the limited number would it not be better to ship at least some of these out to those (like me) who pre ordered but still have to wait.

They need to get people in the shop true, but most of these will be going for the one thing that they reserved, the iPhone X

Might have been discussed already but I didn't see, if so I'm sorry.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you pre-order online and choose delivery (as opposed to pick up at store), then they will deliver the phone to you

3. ajo thread starter macrumors 6502

I know this. What I mean is a limited few are getting phones from the stores before those who pre ordered.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yes

In fact I did that very thing.

I logged onto Verizon Wireless on November 3rd, selected a local store, bought the iPhone X, and an hour later I was in possession of a new phone ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Apple has a stated release date, and they're not going to deliver the phone before that stated date, so that means there will be people who got up at 3:01am to pre-order, then wait all day on the release date, while others get their phones sooner.

In the end, does it matter, since you and other people who pre-ordered their phones will get them.