- Jun 8, 2007
An example… workflow … mark all posts in that particular forum (and all its sub-forums) READ … choose the next forum to read. …
I might wish to occasionally mark, as read, everything in the 'iPhone, iPod, iPad, Apple Watch' and 'iOS Blog Discussion' areas.
I can make a browser window that comprises one tab for each of the following:
Essentially, a collection where each link both:
- prepares for personal pretence about an area of disinterest; and
- is nonspecific about the period of each pretence.
- single-step preparation to indirectly mark, as read, preselected items; followed by
- multiple steps to confirm each prepared pretence.
- collect, in a window, one tab for each sub-forum where unread things are to be marked as read
- in each tab, click the ambiguously-worded 'Mark Forums Read' button
- use your web browser to create a single bookmark for all tabs within that window
Side note: wondering about permissions
None of the following work because although forums 179, 180 and 181 are presented as such (in breadumb trails and the like) –
@arn or staff: without knowing about permissions in XenForo, I wonder whether an exceptional permission – at, for example, nodes 179, 180 and 181 – might allow less verbosity in workarounds such as the one above. Something like, a combination of:
- disallow new threads; plus
- allow all unread content to be marked as read.