In the end IOS is the.....best?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MMAMAN, Apr 28, 2011.

1. MMAMAN macrumors newbie

So I have gone through many phones of all sorts and all OS's Android and IOS are the best imo, recently I had to get rid of my phone which was an Android phone (Inspire 4G) and now I am using my brothers 3GS, now I had the IP4 when it came out and I liked it but I quickly got annoyed by some quirks it had such as no mass storage or putting songs without itunes unless you use different programs and I got rid of it and went back to Android, now I am at a point where I can choose one, which do I get?

Android:
    Totally customizable.
    Mass Storage and other little things like that.
    Different Roms and stuff.
    Choice in Hardware.
    Widgets are awesome but most importantly useful!
    Notifications!
    --------
    Still on 2.3 its still kinda unstable imo even on a Nexus S which is stock!
    The browser is great but I can for the love of god figure out why the pinch to zoom is no where near as good as IOS or WP7!
    App Store is getting better but there is a LOT of junk...
    Go Nexus or go nothing, too fragmented...
    WAY too many android phones imo, too tempting, its like there is a new one each month.

IOS
    IP4 is surperb in terms of build!
    App Store is second to none.
    Games second to none.
    Whole UI is just real easy and smooth!
    Fast!
    32gb Internal is great!
    Battery!
    --------
    Could have better notifications
    Could have at least some widget type thing.
    Itunes can be a hassle IMO, but there are ways around using it.
    Small Screen, its time for an upgrade!
    No Flash?
    Not Fragmentated! You have Iphone and THATS IT! The same apps the same hardware, its just all nicely set-up!

Overall the IP4 is awesome! The great IOS, Excellent Build, Fantastic Camera!, 32gb, its just overall great! I like Android a lot but it just overall feels unstable, its hard to explain, I always get jealous of games like Infinity Blade and such, and overall its just a really complete phone!

Not sure if I should get an IP4 or wait for the 5. Anyone speculate what the 5 might have?

Bigger Screen? A Must IMO
    Dual Core? Not entirely need but cool.
    Same Build? IP4 is nice so cool.
    IOS5? Lets see what it brings.

Also do you think Apple will be pushed to innovate? Android is a big threat and if people start getting bored with IOS UI maybe they will switch? Hopefully they kick it up a notch.

Anyway I think Ive pretty much decided on what Im gonna get:cool:SO I guess this was kindave a useless thread...But what do you think the IP5 will be like? IOS5? Do you think Apple will innovate or be second to Android in the future?

2. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Okay, I'll indulge you. Yes, iOS is the best.

Now what? :confused:

3. MMAMAN thread starter macrumors newbie

Anyway I think Ive pretty much decided on what Im gonna get so I guess this was kindave a useless thread...

Eh its my first thread, just starting conversation I guess:confused:

4. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

You're making the right decision staying away from Android.

Just one man's opinion.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Didn't mean to be nasty, just breaking you in for what you'll see here sometimes :cool:

Welcome to MR. I'm sure you've made the right choice with iOS, esp. with the reasons you've already stated.

6. MMAMAN thread starter macrumors newbie

Its Cool.

So what does everyone think IP5 and IOS5 will have? Will it be worth an upgrade from the 4 or wait for the 6?

7. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I think for the iPhone 5 we will see
    32gb, 64gb
    A5 processor
    8MP camera maybe 1080P video
    HSPA+

iOS 5
    New Notifications System
    New Maps
    Improve Voice Commands

And Apple should have their cloud services up and running

8. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Hardware wise I think the only thing that's going to get me to upgrade this year will be 64GB.

I'm pretty excited about iOS 5 though.

Native turn-by-turn
    Notification system (page replacing spotlight, I hope)

Anything beyond that doesn't really concern me.

9. MMAMAN thread starter macrumors newbie

lol that would be sick! But no bigger screen? Coming from 4.3" 3.5 is so tiny....lol

10. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

I don't think we'll get a bigger screen until iPhone 6 is comes out. Apple just came out with the retina display for the iPhone less than a year ago and developers had to re write their apps for those displays. I don't see Apple coming out with another screen one year later and then telling developers they need to re write their apps again.

11. TallManNY macrumors 68040

TallManNY

I'm researching Android Phones on Verizon because GF is considering getting new phone and trying to decide between iPhone and Android. Even though iPhone 4 is nearly a year old, it seems it is still the way to go. For her battery life is most important because she hates being out with battery dying and she wants to use her phone as much or as little during the day as she wants. Second, she wants it to work easily and consistently. Can any Android phone touch the iPhone in either of these areas? It doesn't seem like it, which is too bad because 4G LTE would be kind of sweet since I think it is supported here in NYC.

I don't think the iPhone is going to get any bigger. It needs to be small enough to fit in front jean pocket of the hipsters and so bigger isn't better in that regard.