In the market for 21'' Imac - some questions

Discussion in 'iMac' started by ulineustadt, Oct 17, 2014.

1. ulineustadt macrumors newbie

Dear community,

my dear Mac-Book (late 2008) needs to be replaced. It is the longest running computer i have ever had but now it is the time to get a new one.

I would have thought that yesterday's keynote would bring a refreshed Imac 21,5 '' machine but it does not seem so.

I would prefer the Imac over a notebook because for my mobile tasks I would take my Ipad.

So what would be my options. Buy the Imac 21,5 '' which is the same machine as 2013 ? get a refurbished one ? go for a mac mini ?

I would need the machine for software-development (Xcode), some photo editing and casual gaming.

Any useful reply would be appreciated

Kind regards from Vienna, Austria

Uli

2. FuNGi macrumors 65816

FuNGi

The 21.5" iMac will not likely get a retina (perhaps 4k) screen until next year. You may be best served getting a late 2013 refurb unit. Just make sure to opt for a fusion drive. I recently purchased one for my wife and given the rarity of the configuration I purchases was "awarded" a free upgraded processor and 16GB of RAM. Thanks Apple. Anyway, it's a great computer if you need one this year.

3. ulineustadt thread starter macrumors newbie

I was thinking the same... get a refurbished 2013 with Fusiondrive... This configuration is very rare...