In the market for an iPhone 5s

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bostero, Oct 12, 2015.

1. bostero macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2015
    hello, I'm considering buying a 5s for a relative. Now I'm using a 6 and I'm very pleased with it.

So my questions are just the following:
    1- is it worth to get it from Apple at $450? Or eBay would be better (for a used phone)
    2- in case I decide to buy it on eBay, which would be a reasonable price for a 5s silver (16/32gb) in perfect condition?
    3- is it really worth a 2 year phone planning on use it with iOS 9 ? Or a moto x/g would be a better choice ?

Thanks guys!
  2. Hieveryone macrumors 68030

Apr 11, 2014
    I would go eBay. You will see lots on there and get a feel for the price they're going for. Just make sure to buy from someone who has lots of reviews! It will probably be OK on ios9 for a first time iPhone user. But if they've had iPhones before they'll probably say it's slow.
  3. bostero thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2015
    Thanks ! I've seen some out there, but which would be a reasonable price range? 250? 300?
  4. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

Sep 15, 2011
    Apollo, Pa
    Look on I've bought multiple phones on it and never had any problems.
  5. PNutts macrumors 601

Jul 24, 2008
    Pacific Northwest, US
    Go to swappa and you'll get an idea of what they are selling for. Ebay has a lot of types of sales and can be hard to filter through all the noise. Sorry, I don't know or I would just say. :) If you change your mind and want space grey let me know.
  6. firedept macrumors 603

Jul 8, 2011
    I have to agree with looking for a used one on Swappa. Stay away from Ebay. Should be able to find one in really nice condition for a decent price on Swappa. Still a respectable phone and will be for a couple years. My sons both own them and love them. They run every bit as good as my 6 does. My sons just like the smaller size.
  7. bostero thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 29, 2015
    Thank you all! I didn't know about swappa, it's funny for the price of a 5s new you can get a 6 in mint condition!