In the market for mac keyboard (wire or wireless) and Mouse...

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by nutsnbolts, Oct 25, 2009.

1. nutsnbolts macrumors 6502

I know that Mac has released the new magic mouse. I'm thinking of getting it when when my MBP 17" arrives in the next couple days. I'm going to assume that this mouse is really the mouse to get. Then again, latest and greatest isn't always the best but I like all the features I have read so far..

Now...the keyboard...that's another question.

From my understanding, there is the dinovo from Logitech, a wired Apple keyboard and a wireless Apple one. Is it my understanding that the wireless one has a new version out which pretty much has no difference between the two except the batteries it takes (2 AA or 3AA).

Anyway, I need help deciding which keyboard I need. I know that another pro versus con between the wired and wireless is the numeric keypad. I rarely use the numeric keypad now but I'm going to assume that the wireless is the way to go?

Anyone can chime in, based on their experience, what you would purchase if you had to decide?

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

3. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

I've handled the regular version of that and it's very fancy looking and nicely made. Not sure how it feels to use but I've generally quite liked Logitech's keyboards (and mice). It's also pretty expensive. Apple's wireless stuff isn't cheap either but it is less than that.

Haven't used the Magic Mouse yet or Apple's wireless keyboard but I do have the wired one and like it. Can take some adjusting to compared to typical keyboards. It's much more akin to Apple's laptop keyboards, so if you like those you'll probably like it. I couldn't do without the numpad but if you can, may be worth checking out. The Magic Mouse you will probably love or hate, much like the Mighty Mouse (though I suspect fewer will hate the Magic Mouse). I wouldn't assume it's "the mouse to get" just yet, but if what it does offer appeals to you then there really isn't anything else quite like it yet.

I suggest going to a store and trying out Apple's stuff. If not that, I'd recommend a Logitech keyboard+mouse (maybe the diNovo and a MX Rev).

p.s. the company is Apple, not Mac. :)

4. j2048b macrumors 6502a

what mouse would you recommend with it?

thanks!

5. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

Looking at the Logitech Keyboard.

There are like 3 different ones. I'm going to assume the one I'm concerned about will be the "MAC" version one.

http://www.macmall.com/s?rch&q=keyboard&includeImage=true

Seems to be comparable to the Apple wireless one from a price point perspective.

Now to decide!

6. Angelo95210 macrumors 6502a

Angelo95210

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

8. j2048b macrumors 6502a

Awesome thanks!!

:

Just bought one off of ebay for $38 and free shipping!!

will be getting the edge wireless keyboard here soon as well!! $79 i believe is what i found it for on the site you linked above!

9. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I'm sporting the Logitechs Performance MX mouse which is the upgrade from the MX Rev, thing is nice. Using it on my iMac, but may get another one for the MB later on.

10. palmerc2 macrumors 65816

palmerc2

I am going to be getting the wireless apple keyboard because I am 1. used to it and 2. won't have to change my typing style for my MBP

For the mouse, I am going to be getting the Razer Orochi which is claimed to be the best bluetooth mouse available. Supposed to have incredible response time, no skipping and no compromises in usability.

Hope that helps

11. guitargoddsjm macrumors 6502

I picked up both a mouse/keyboard a couple of days ago.

I chose the MX Revolution for a mouse. I had an MX 1000 that I used with my old pc, and I love the ergonomics. Logitech laser tracking has always been excellent. I like that it's rechargable, and (hoping that LCC will work properly) I like the idea of the frictionless scroll, and using the thumb wheel for use with spaces, expose, app switching, etc.

I went with the newest generation apple wireless keyboard (2 batteries). My roommate has one and he really likes it. It's so small/light that you can put it in your lap when typing, and as many have stated, you won't have to change your typing style from the current style mb/mbp keyboards. The diNovo looks cool, but it's pretty expensive, and it seems like it'd take a lot of desk space. Plus, I don't really like the idea of having to charge my keyboard.

I ordered my mouse on newegg for $60 and it should be arriving tomorrow, but I have no clue when the keyboard will ship :(

12. nutsnbolts thread starter macrumors 6502

This is my plan right now.

I purchased the wired w/numeric pad yesterday. I plan to order the Magic mouse and wireless keyboard (2nd Gen) when it get's released into the store.

I know it's available online but I rather go to the store to purchase it.

On the other hand, while I'm waiting I am waiting to see whether I should just go completely wireless and purchase the Logitech one and return the wired Apple one.

From all the reviews that I have lurked around, Logitech is what was recommended if you were deciding.

Also the new MAC Logitech Dinovo version removed the touchpad and added the numeric keyboard.

13. StruckANerve macrumors 6502

Does the Logitech MX 1100 work well with macs and is it reliable? I can't afford to spend $100 on a mouse and the MX1100 is $30 used on Amazon.

I am probably going to order a Logitech diNovo off of Macmall for 40 bucks so I think 70-80 dollars is a pretty good price for a wireless Key/Mouse setup.