in the uk but now appstore is german.....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Grasbak, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Grasbak macrumors 6502

suddenly at lunchtime today the appstore/itunes store on my iphone became german (or some such language). I am in the UK! How do I get the uk one back???

(I havent been able to plug the phone into a computer for a couple of months as my imac died and the one I am using doesnt have any music etc. I dont really want to plug it in at the mo)

2. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

You didn't change any settings at all? Could a friend have gotten hold of it to mess with the settings?

I just checked mine now and it's still English, so it must just be you :eek:

3. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

4. Grasbak thread starter macrumors 6502

i cant see how anyone could have done it - besides what settings!?

i could then change it back......!

i did log onto a McDs wireless network at lunch time - that when it happened. Could it be some sort of IP problem where it thought i was somewhere else and changed as a result?

I am back home now and logged on to my network but still german!!!!! Weird

5. mbleopard macrumors regular

That happened to me once on my laptop when I was living in Germany, I opened up iTunes and it changed the language to German, I can only guess because it knew I was in Germany, but I was never able to figure how to change it back, even when I got back to America it was still in German.

6. Mintin8 macrumors 6502a

Mintin8

If I recall...We did!!! But anyway, lets get off that subject. Is your appstore back in English now?

7. Grasbak thread starter macrumors 6502

Nope - i plugged it into my temporary mac at home and it is still in german (assuming it is german!) It seems that its not just the language but the actual store as in the music store there is only the itunes top 10, normally there is a number of top 10s.

i havent synced it as i dont have any music on this mac - i am waiting to get my new one in a few weeks....

just seems bizarre!

anyone got an answer!??

ps new is 'Neu' - what language is that?

8. Grasbak thread starter macrumors 6502

Still stuck....

iphone still stuck with wrong app & music store.

can no-one help with this?