In what order do I do these things?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by klymr, Jun 18, 2007.

1. klymr macrumors 65816

I just got my 17" MBP and need to calibrate the battery. I was also wanting to reinstall os-x, but I was wondering which I should do first? Any suggestions while I tear into this box?

2. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

If you're itching to play and fiddle about with your brand spankin' new machine, then I'd say wait to calibrate the battery as to do so properly would require some no-play time (IIRC). :p

As for re-installing the OS, is there a particular reason why you'd care to do so? I know that I wanted to for my MB because there are apps and assorted items that I knew I wouldn't need or want (printer drivers, extra languages, etc.) and so doing an "Erase & Install" made sense to me.

3. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

the macbook pro should have come with a good amount of charge already in it. i say shoot two birds with one stone; drain your battery by installing mac os x.

4. klymr thread starter macrumors 65816

For that same reason. I think there is stuff I'll never use on it. I got to get ready for school now anyway, so I'll have to play with it all later. :( Darn summer classes.

5. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

Here's Apple's official how-to on calibrating batteries. :)