In what ways can the iPhone help a fisherman?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by er1c, Dec 30, 2010.

1. er1c macrumors newbie

I'm trying to convince my dad to get the iPhone, but he is really hard to convince. He loves fishing and he goes out on his boat almost every weekend to go fishing.
    What are some things I could tell him to convince him to get the iPhone?
    Any apps that he could use that pertain to fishing?

HELP!

2. er1c thread starter macrumors newbie

I have already told him that he could send us pictures/videos of what he catches, and that he can use the gps to see where he is at.

Any other things?

3. labman macrumors 604

labman

please don't bump your thread because you want your dad to buy a iphone! tell him it's shinny and makes a good lure!

4. Missjenna macrumors 6502a

Missjenna

Personally, I don't think fishing and iPhones mix. My boyfriend has broken 4 phones (not the iPhone) in 2 years because he keeps dropping them in the river. I wouldnt want to buy an expensive phone and not be able to use it because it went into the river.

5. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

6. Infraggable Kru macrumors regular

Does this have anything to do with your desire to get this iPhone at a later date ?

If my parent had no need for a device made of glass, costly to replace, and damaged easily by its surroundings ( water) then why would I convince them to pay for such a costly device + costly monthly plan

Your dad isn't stubborn, he's just smarter than you

7. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

Get him the Motorola Defy instead. At least if he drops it in the drink on accident...