In Yosemite can I install a Mavericks partition from a bootcamp back up?

Discussion in 'OS X Yosemite (10.10)' started by Crugga, Oct 30, 2014.

1. Crugga macrumors regular

As above.

Logic 9 runs like a bag of nails in Yosemite and I dont really want to have to upgrade to Logic X as I lose my 32bit pluggins(several missing in Yosemite as it is).
    I have a back up from a few months ago.
    If so can anyone advise me on the easiest way to do it?.

Thanks.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Can't you go back to Mavericks by going the internet restore approach? I'm not sure you can do a restore using bootcamp, since that's running windows.

When you say bootcamp, do mean Time Machine :confused:

3. Crugga thread starter macrumors regular

Yes sorry doh.
    Ive got a time machine back up of Mavericks and wanted to install it in bootcamp.

Thing is I really like Yosemite for the most part it just just doesnt run Logic 9 to a point its usable. The iphone linking in Yosemite is something else and enough to keep me wanting to use it.

I dont really want to go fully back to Mavericks completely just have it on a partition for Logic 9 if that makes sense.

4. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

You can partition the main drive and split it into two and keep Yosemite, and then just install Mavericks on the second partition. It will work. I keep Mavericks around for a few reasons, mainly for a particular piece of Australian buggy software that doesn't play well on Yosemite. :)

5. Crugga thread starter macrumors regular

Thats exactly what I wanted.
    Do I do a fresh install of Mavericks from the hardrive partition then use Time Machine?