Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Excluse

macrumors member
Original poster
May 18, 2010
Ok this is driving me nuts!

So I got my iPhone 5 on friday, restored from backup, and realized that some of my contacts were missing.

The thing is, they weren't on my contacts list but they're still somewhere in my phone and I don't know how to access them.

Ex. I have a contact named "Lee." Lee does not show up on my contacts list even when I select "Show All Contacts."
However, when Lee calls or texts me, his name shows up instead of an unsaved number. I can also use the search function to find Lee's info, but still cannot see him on the list.

1p8goi.png
10pt6w6.png

What is going on here?!

lyndeam

macrumors member
Jan 6, 2009
I'm having a similar issue that I described in the following post, https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16004094#post16004094

But after reading this post I realized my phone is doing pretty much the same thing as you've stated. A contact that I was texting yesterday is now missing from my contact list. When I receive a text from this person it is an unassigned number. However if I do I search on her name it finds the text message chain with her contact name, but when I select it from the search list it opens our text without her named assigned to her number. This is an issue with many of my contacts - so far seems to be those that were most recently added (maybe within the last year or so)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 83
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.