Inaccessible Contacts

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by Excluse, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Excluse macrumors member

Ok this is driving me nuts!

So I got my iPhone 5 on friday, restored from backup, and realized that some of my contacts were missing.

The thing is, they weren't on my contacts list but they're still somewhere in my phone and I don't know how to access them.

Ex. I have a contact named "Lee." Lee does not show up on my contacts list even when I select "Show All Contacts."
    However, when Lee calls or texts me, his name shows up instead of an unsaved number. I can also use the search function to find Lee's info, but still cannot see him on the list.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

What is going on here?!

2. komiothebeat macrumors 6502

komiothebeat

on the top left there have you tried clicking on groups and choosing "all contacts" ?

3. Excluse thread starter macrumors member

No cigar.

4. lyndeam macrumors member

I'm having a similar issue that I described in the following post, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=16004094#post16004094

But after reading this post I realized my phone is doing pretty much the same thing as you've stated. A contact that I was texting yesterday is now missing from my contact list. When I receive a text from this person it is an unassigned number. However if I do I search on her name it finds the text message chain with her contact name, but when I select it from the search list it opens our text without her named assigned to her number. This is an issue with many of my contacts - so far seems to be those that were most recently added (maybe within the last year or so)

Attached Files: