Inacse sleeve, hardcover or both

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Tech198, Apr 27, 2011.

1. Tech198 macrumors G4

Hi all

I currently have a macbook bag which accomidated my previous 13" macbook (Late 2008) unibody.

But it fits ok *tight* with my new 15" i7 Macbook Pro.

Now, I'm in the maket for protection. Since I have read a few posts on this, and different views, what are peple prefferred thoughts?

A incase hard cover style that permantly fits round your mac ? or the incase sleeve?

Whichever one i choose, I'll be still using the 13" bag, in addition, as i have all my papers, network cable, Airport express eyc. in there.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Covers are ugly IMO and they may cause extra heating too. I have an Incase sleeve for my 13" MBA and I find it to be great.

3. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Go with a sleeve and then stick it in whatever bag you use. A case just adds unnecessary bulk, takes away from the look of the laptop, and of course may interfere with the cooling of the laptop.

4. Michael383 macrumors 6502a

I've tried both the hard case and the sleeve on my 15" MBP and the sleeve was what I ended up going with. I'm not sure how well a sleeved 15" MBP will fit in your 13" bag though, as you said it's already a tight fit.

5. blevins321 macrumors 68030

Take a look at Colcasac. They use unique materials to make their sleeves. The padding inside is nice too and doesn't cause streaking. I have one of their iPad2 sleeves, but they make Macbook sleeves as well.

6. Newbe macrumors member

Incase Sleeve, Hardcover or Both

Before you make your final decision on a sleeve, check out the Sleeve Cases at WaterField Designs. I have one of their Sleeve Cases and I highly recommend them because I am very satisfied with my sleeve :D. WaterField sleeves have good padding - ballistic nylon and a choice of some leather and some pretty nice options i.e, a cover flap, strap and what they call a hookon "piggyback" pouch for your adaptors etc. There are no zippers in these sleeves and your MB/MBP/MBA will securely fix inside. In fact the WaterField Sleeve Case provides more than mere scratch protection. Their sleeves/cases/bags are manufactured with a very high quality degree of workmanship. These Sleeve Cases are indeed very sturdy.
    BTW, I don't work for WaterField and I am merely a very satisfied customer. I call it as I see it! Originally, I ordered a Booq Vyper M3 Sleeve but I found the workmanship to be rather shoddy. WaterField Design sleeves are like Macs. Their products are very well made and their customer service stands shoulders over the competition. Again like Apple products, WaterField Design products cost more but sometimes you get what you pay for. Their website is http://www.sfbags.com/ See what you think about them.

7. kjmff5 macrumors regular

I was in your position too! What I ended up doing was getting a cheap sleeve(from lenovo) and I got a skin protector from www.bestskinsever.com
    Have you heard of Zagg? Well this is the same thing but cheaper and in my opinion better quality. The skin is pretty smooth unlike Zagg, and it really doesn't take much away from the look of MBP. It just makes it a bit more glossy but adds no weight or thickness. Scratch free is the way to be.

8. Newbe macrumors member

Incase Sleeve, Hardcover or Both

Addendum

Obviously, I returned the sleeve to Booq.