Inactive window clicks.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Reverov, Aug 29, 2007.

1. Reverov macrumors newbie

When clicking on some inactive windows like firefox you need to click the window to make it active and then click on the item you were intending to click. Some windows like adium chats will let you click on items even if they are inactive making them active and then performing the task at hand in one fell swoop. Is there anyway to make all windows act more like the adium chat windows so I dont have to click on inactive windows twice?

2. friedmud macrumors 65816

Did you ever figure out how to make this happen?

This particular quirk of OSX is driving me crazy (I've been using OSX for only a couple of months now).

Specifically Cocoa Emacs needs two clicks to do anything (one to focus and one to actually click) when it's not focused.

Like the original poster mentions this isn't consistent across all apps though... which makes it even more annoying.

Even the _same_ application might accept the first click or might not __depending on where you click__!! What the hell is that all about!? For instance in Mail.app you can click on the New Message button while the window is inactive and it will get passed through... but clicking on a specific email _doesn't_ pass the click!

For an OS that prides itself on its consistency... this is horribly inconsistent!

Anyone have any help?

Friedmud