Carrier Inadvertently switched from VZW Edge to Apple iPhone upgrade program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pjstock42, Sep 20, 2016.

1. Pjstock42 macrumors regular

So basically, I have been doing my yearly upgrades through VZW Edge since it started. When a new phone came out, I would pay off a balance then send my old phone back to Verizon and the monthly device payment would change to reflect the new phone.

This year, I woke up in a haze at 3am to preorder as always and the Verizon site was going nowhere so I preordered through the Apple Store app. Apparently, this put me on Apple's iPhone upgrade program rather than Edge. When I picked up the phone Friday, the associate at the store had no idea how to help me and calling Verizon wasn't much help either. I now have my new 7 on Apple's program but I'm still paying for the 6s through VZW Edge, does anyone know what my options are here?

I believe the best choice may be to "buy out" the 6s through Verizon to stop the monthly payments then sell it on eBay or something on my own?

Any help is appreciated.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 20, 2016 ---
    Bump

2. Pjstock42 thread starter macrumors regular

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

Either return the phone and get back on Edge or buy the phone out like you said and sell it. If not, you are going to be paying for two phones.

4. Omen87 macrumors regular

Omen87

Your options are return the 7 and buy another one through VZW Edge or payoff your 6s.