Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jatreat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
So my mother refuses to use the mail.app unless she can change the fonts displayed in the inbox. From what I can tell, the fonts can be changed in the messages but not in the actual inbox...does anyone have any suggestions? And I would really like h to use mail, as it syncs so well with her iPhone.

jatreat

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 1, 2011
She is a MSN user...not sure why she's stuck in a dead technology...even free sources like Gmail are worlds better than MSN!

But regardless she is used to having a different font and coloring in her inbox...I think this is a silly problem...but I also think its important that she use a better form of software...especially as there is no MSN app for :apple:.

DewGuy1999

macrumors 68040
Jan 25, 2009
I don't know about Mail in Lion, but in Snow Leopard the Mailbox Font and the Message List Font can be changed by going to Mail>Preferences...>Fonts and Colors. The size can also be changed for each, but as far as I can tell the color can't be changed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.