Incase 13" Neoprene Slim Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Scuba629, Jul 27, 2011.

1. Scuba629 macrumors regular

2. Kafka macrumors 6502

"for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air"
    Your MBA is going to be floating inside.

I'm happy with my incase, but the one without a zip, couldn't find it now on the apple store.

3. The Bronx Bull macrumors member

Yep - I picked this up at the Apple Store alongside my MacBook last week - love the case. Granted, there's no storage space for your power adapter or any other accessories, but this was something I preferred, since it keeps the notebook in a very compact package. Great materials too - go check one out in store.

Edit: after reading the above post, the one I picked up in store is made specifically for the MBA 13 and fits perfectly.

Edit 2: apparently this is not the one I have at all! There's no zipper on mine; it's simply a sleeve, but the entire laptop is covered and protected.

4. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

I use this sleeve for both my 13" and 11" air, I like that it is nice and form fitting, gives great protection Inside and out, and makes carrying the computer a breeze, plus it sill can be put into my larger Computer bag. There is a model specific to the air with no zipper

5. Divers macrumors newbie

6. Chopstick217 macrumors regular

Chopstick217

They sell that at apple stores as well

7. ender21 macrumors 6502

I got that for my wife's MBA and just as Kafka said, the MBA is swimming inside of it. I was hoping for something a bit more snug like the zipper-less Incase Sleeve. I have the zipper-less one and find it a bit *too* difficult to get my MBA in and out of it.

8. Kafka macrumors 6502

This is the one, perfect IMHO. However it looks like Apple stopped selling them.

Yes you must not be afraid to pull frankly on the flap, it's going to loosen up a bit.

9. Chopstick217 macrumors regular

Chopstick217

Apple stopped selling them online. However, I found some at retail apple stores. Also, one can purchase it at best buy, amazon or at go incase.com ( but they are currently sold out of the black versions).

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

I like the zipless one also. It does get easier to insert the laptop. The neoprene piping all around protects edges with a cushion like feel. Incase gets restocked fast. I got the slate and green this time so that my laptop is easy to spot on a TSA conveyor if they make me lay it out separately.

11. MJedi macrumors 6502a

MJedi

For anyone who has traveled with this case, do you still need to take out the 13-inch MBA from this case for the TSA? I have the 11-inch MBA and the 11-inch Incase, and I don't have to take it out for security scans. Just wondering.

12. Joel95 macrumors member

I'm planning to get the incase neoprene plus tomorrow, and probably wrapsol for my 13" MBP. My school bag already has a padded area in the back for laptops, so i think a hard case might be more adequate. Decisions, Decisions.

13. Obscurelight macrumors 6502

For 13" laptops, yes you do.

14. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Try phantom skinz. Their matte finish looks and feels better than wrapsol. Just my opinion.

15. lakobebryant macrumors newbie

anyone know a place i can purchase this online or in store. its sold out every apple store near me.

16. Vantagecb macrumors member

Depends on the airport. DFW airport doesn't care at all if I leave my 13 inch macbook in the sleeve. When I go through the tiny airport in Lubbock, TX, they freak out if I don't take it out.

17. kwajkat macrumors regular

kwajkat

18. njsa04playa macrumors 6502

it all depends on the security and how the agents feel at the time

19. PAC88 macrumors 6502

20. CardboardGiant macrumors regular

I got mine at PowerMax.

http://www.powermax.com/parts/show/inc-cl57802

My apologies for not venturing into this topic earlier.

I ordered mine 4 days ago and it was sent for shipping after 2 days.

So I can confirm PowerMax is not a bogus. They really do have them instock.

I checked Amazon and Incase site itself for this specific case.. sold out. I found them in-stock at PowerMax via Google Shopping.

Only 8 left... Good Luck :D

21. lakobebryant macrumors newbie

yea i went on powermax site before but took bad they don't ship to Canada :(. no where is found to be in stock. and school starting soon i might have to settle for the 13" macbook pro case for my air and its going be really loose.

22. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

petrucci666

I'll probably end up getting this:

http://amzn.to/oZWLVl

I have the Case Logic sleeve for a 13" MBP now but the MBA just bounces around in there.

23. x43x macrumors newbie

Ordered the Incase sleeve in black from Powermax yesterday. Stock showed 5, but it still shows 5, so I'm not sure it's too accurate. Shipped today and it will be here tomorrow. Paid for UPS ground, but they are one state away.

24. onthecouchagain macrumors 604

onthecouchagain

Boom: BoxWave Elite leather sleeve for $20 (Amazon).

Affordable and very usable.

Attached Files: