Incase 3g Slider Matte Black Deterioration

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Apple?, Sep 5, 2008.

1. Apple? macrumors member

I've had this case for a little over 3 weeks and its already started to peel and now its peeling rapidly. Can I return this and get a new one? What a waste of $35!!

2. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

I'm sure InCase will replace it for you. A lot of people have this problem.

3. slapppy macrumors 65816

I think you have 30 days form purchase. I meant for a refund. Replacement is a year? It's on their site. www.goincase.com

4. impact_blue macrumors regular

Is anyone NOT having problems with this case? I really want this case but it seems like everyone has their black matte case peeling.. :(

5. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

Use the customer support number, and if you scan in your receipt, and attach it to a replacement form they have on their website, they will send you out a new case. I was told a batch went out with an improper amount of oil in the coating, causing it to come off easily. Take that for what it's worth, but they are aware of the issue. They will send you a new one, or a different case of your choice.

6. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Yeah, mine's peeling too. Unfortunately, I've lost my receipt to the apple store where I bought it.

7. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Well, I happened to be by my local apple store tonight, and after looking for my receipt to no avail, decided to try and exchange it without a receipt anyway. I asked an employee if they would exchange it, and he said it was no problem. He gave me a new matte black slider, but kept the packaging to put my defective one in. He also gave me a new receipt in case I need to exchange or return this one. Score!

8. PDE macrumors 68020

I bought the case at the end of July or early August directly from incase. It started peeling at the bottom after just a day or two. Who told you they were aware of it and when was that? I loved the case, but not at that price when quality is so poor.

By contrast, I got a rubberized hard case on ebay for 3 bucks from Hong Kong and it is holding up perfectly: no scratches, no marks, no peeling and exactly the same design as the Seidio slide in case. I just don't like how it shows the chrome...

Thanks!

9. Cobra2001 macrumors regular

My case that I've had for less than three weeks has just started peeling as well. I just called Incase and they directed me to submit a claim form on their website. But with the black matte case currently out of stock, I'm hoping the wait won't be too long before I get this issue resolved.

10. impact_blue macrumors regular

Maybe it's sold out because they're replacing them with ones that dont peel. One can only hope. I really want this case.

11. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I just got a replacement straight from Incase, only now I am using a Capsule Neo. The finish looks the same but who knows if they fixed the issue or not.

12. Daremo macrumors 68000

Daremo

This is going to sound like a joke, but his name was "Gonzo." That's who I talked to. I only remember his name because it reminded me of the muppet. :D

I talked to them about a week ago.

13. BoingoBongo macrumors regular

Haha, I talked to him yesterday! He was really nice and helpful.

14. automatickyle macrumors regular

I have had mine for about a month now and have ZERO sign of peeling. Where is it starting to peel for everyone? I am not hard on my case so maybe that's why?

15. SheepNutz macrumors 6502a

Mine peeled all around the front bezel, where the corner or peak of the case is. I'd say it rubbing in my pocket might have something to do with it.

16. Zandian macrumors regular

Incase has known about this problem since their Iphone Generation 1 matte black cases. They don't seem to have done anything to fix the original defects in their designs, yet they are still marketing them.

I've lost all respect for this company who is clearly trying to rush out a product to make a profit knowing there will be a percentage who will take the time to return their defective case, but many who won't.

Zandian

17. richard371 macrumors 68000

Just got 1 it is great.

I just got one from the Apple store and it is great. There was a good period in early sept were these were not avaialble anywhere. I am hoping that is when they resoved the peeling issue. Only time will tell