Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
You mean the matte black is peeling off to reveal some shine? I don't see how the hardshell could have anything to do with it, but I've heard of that issue.
Surely you don't mean that the entire black color is coming off... :rolleyes:

Ripcurlsurfin96

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2008
Greenville/Raleigh, NC
ok well i wil clear it up a bit, sorry, My hands are PERFECTLY clean, and when i rub the black rubber case and then touch the white keyboard it leaves black streaks. The computer has NOT left my room or table since i put the case on like 3 days ago...anyideas

Insulin Junkie

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2008
Mainland Europe
ok well i wil clear it up a bit, sorry, My hands are PERFECTLY clean, and when i rub the black rubber case and then touch the white keyboard it leaves black streaks. The computer has NOT left my room or table since i put the case on like 3 days ago...anyideas

I see, I misread your post there too, I thought you put a hardshell see-through over a black macbook. Forgive.

My guess is that the case you purchased is of sub-par quality. Bring it back to the store and demand a refund.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.