Incase case damaged mbp

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by maxpark3r, Feb 26, 2011.

1. maxpark3r macrumors newbie

My incase black macbook pro 15" case has caused cosmetic damage to the aluminium casing to my macbook pro, I assume by dust etc getting in and rubbing against it. Is there anything I can do??:eek:
    Many thanks,
    Max

2. jenzjen macrumors 68000

Apple won't do anything, you can try Incase but I doubt they will do anything, too, except say don't get the inside of the case dirty. I know you're hoping for design error but realistically user error.

3. CylonGlitch macrumors 68030

CylonGlitch

Seriously doubt you can do anything about it. I've had this happen on other products before (my iPod nano's case scratched it horribly). Thus I never use any case on my equipment and take care of it. Generally it lasts better then IN a case.

4. maxpark3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Ive emailed them saying its against the sales of goods act as it is not fit for purpose but im not very hopefull

5. DeeEss macrumors 6502a

This is the reason I don't uses cases. I've found they actually do more damage than protection.

6. Alucardx03 macrumors 6502a

If you're doing any sort of traveling with your MBP, even to the corner coffee shop, crud is going to get stuck between the case and computer, no matter what case you're using. If you're not cleaning that crud out, the computer is going to get damaged no matter what case you're using. I don't see how this is InCase's fault by any stretch of the imagination.

Since 2007 I've had three different cases. Speck, InCase, and some other no-name brand. I do A LOT of traveling, but cleaned the cases out on a monthly or bi-monthly basis. I've never once had any damage done to the computers.

Sounds like user error.