Incase Case for 3G

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by busterbluth, Jul 30, 2008.

1. busterbluth macrumors 6502

After returning my contour flick case (warning, it does not play well if you have an any type of clear plastic casing, like a bodygaurdz film, atleast mine didnt) I got the incase rubber case for the 3G. I was very impressed with the case, it fit great, and looked even better. After I took it off once to re-apply the plastic shields, the thin bottom part that is close to the home button ripped. Not happy, anyone else have this problem? Will they exchange it, it was less than 3 hours old and the company is closed now.

2. bluelondon macrumors regular

i have the same case, very happy with it. and i don't know how you managed to rip the bottom, but of course you should get a replacement if the thin bottom part of the rubber is ripped.

3. oclor macrumors regular

I have a question. If you have a clear film why would you get a case? I've heard that these cases don't protect against drops at all, just scratches (which is what the film is for...)

4. bluelondon macrumors regular

u heard wrong my friend. the rubber incase case is thick enough to bounce off a drop on any surface including concrete. i'd rather have my iphone in a rubber incase case than those thick plastic cases, since the incase is rubber and eats the impact of any fall, whereas other cases might shatter, causing scratches, dents, etc.

5. busterbluth thread starter macrumors 6502

Exactly. I want to have the option of taking the case off when I go out and such which would reduce the bulk in my pocket, but still offer enough protection.

I dont know how it rupped, but its a very clean rip (maybe there was a defect) and I was not streching it much at the time. Thanks for all the responses.

6. oclor macrumors regular

Which case are you guys talking about? Is it the one with the texture on the back? Rubber sounds good since it would absorb some shock. I don't know what the obsession is with plastic cases since it doesn't seem to me like they would do anything.

7. busterbluth thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, the one with back that looks like a topographic map. It is very nice rubber, almost feels like it was blended with plastic. I hope they replace it. I bought the contour flick based on the reviews and apple.com but I was not impressed. It felt very flimsy and I felt like it would scratch the back if I didnt have the bodygaurdz on there.