Incase Chrome Slider vs Speck Candyshell

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by The Samurai, Mar 10, 2010.

1. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

Alrighty

I managed to get a hold of the new Incase Chrome and thought I would do a comparison video.

It can be found here.

p.s. if you've recently purchased an Incase Chrome - do let me know how your getting on with it. I love mines. Strange but true.

2. alamperti macrumors member

alamperti

I own a Incase Chrome Slider too. Like it, chrome finish is awesome, polished and well done even in hidden areas. It does protect the phone very well but the coating is a true fingerprint magnet.. Only a bit concerned about bezel scratching because the case is in direct contact without any rubber protecton. Despite of that its shiny look is unique :)

3. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Anybody else know anything about these? I just found this and am really interested in it.

4. The Samurai thread starter macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I'm finding that if you've got a screen shield installed on ur screen - the Incase is not for you. Because the Incase Slider covers up the silver bezel on the front of the iphone... it causes some sort of friction inside the screen shield causing it to bubble up from the corners. And I mean big. I've got three bubbles on my iphone screen.

Hope that helps

5. hushmartin macrumors 6502

Probably this is a dumb question, but what's the thickness/bulkiness like on the Incase sliders? I had a Speck Seethru that I loved because it was good protection but considerably thinner and less bulky than the Candyshell. Unfortunately, the Seethru's design kinda blows and it fell apart. Thus the search for a new go-to case.