InCase Convertible Book Jacket > Apple Case

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by noah82, Apr 9, 2010.

1. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

I have purchased both the Apple and Incase cases, and I think that I am going to be returning the Apple case. Although the Incase is a little more bulky, it puts the iPad at a much better angle for typing, and I love the fact that you can put it upright in many more positions so you can cut down on the glare from the glossy screen.

2. LadyHoneyBabe macrumors 6502

I like that case.

3. aristobrat macrumors G4

Hmm, I didn't like bulkiness when I saw it in the store, but I didn't catch that it did the different viewing angles.

[​IMG]

4. noah82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

noah82

Even though it is bulkier, it is much easier to take out of the case than the Apple case, so this more than makes up for it. I have the stand when I need it, but i can use it naked when I want to since it is so easy to take out.

5. Friscohoya macrumors 6502a

Friscohoya

This is my vote.

[​IMG]

Classy, has room for my stylus and a non mursey yet convenient shoulder strap.

ifolio

6. eg2007 macrumors 6502

I have the Incase as well, but one thing that is driving me insane is that the iPad actually slides in there, which causes the dock connector port to become misaligned with the hole. Sadly, I don't think there is a fix. It is what it is.

7. noah82 thread starter macrumors 6502a

noah82

I don't think that a perfect case will ever exist. This thing is as close as it gets. I'll take the slight misalignment for the convenience of taking the thing out whenever I want.

8. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

9. barefeats macrumors 65816

barefeats

Well spoken. Cases are very personal. For me, the Book Cover is close to perfect (other than the slipping out of alignment issue).

Another to consider is the iFolio from NewerTech (see MacSales.com).

10. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

After much debate I ordered the Incase jacket directly from them. Unfortunately they are out of stock for 7-10 days. I have a business trip the last week of the month and I'm really hoping to have it by then. I've been to 3 different Apple stores and all the Best Buy stores near me are out of both the Incase and Apple cases. Totally sold out and no idea of re-stock other than to keep checking back with them. I have a life outside of calling multiple stores and trying to track down cases everyday! :p

If not I'll be scrambling to find something to protect and prop it up on the seat tray for the flights. I've got 12 hours or so total air time, so I can't imagine not taking it with me at this point! Stupid thing is when I bought my iPad on Monday the Apple store had both of them and I passed it up thinking I wouldn't want one (keep my iphone naked most of the time). Totally dumb. Wanted one that night.

11. Autokon macrumors 6502

Autokon

I just happened to return the Incase Convertible Jacket back to the Apple store today...In the "typing" angle, it was driving my crazy as it would slide down roughly half an inch (depending which angle I had it on). After about 4 days of it in that case the leather seemed to stretch just enough to give it to much sliding room, in my opinion. I traded for the Apple branded case and am enjoying it quite a bit better despite mixed reviews. Way thinner..and it cant slide out, lol. Oh wells, nothing can be perfect... :D

12. Caolan96 macrumors regular

Sorry to revive an old thread, but apparently they revised this case, and added a little velcro strap to hold the ipad in place,

which was what people didn't like about it,

I haven't heard any mention of the revison,

But this guys got it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HIFHEzDHPM

13. SebZen macrumors 6502

I loved it but ended up returning because it wouldn't stay put on the last notch, it would slide out. And this was a common problem with the case.

Also, that guy is wearing a hat indoors? Lol

14. Houls macrumors member

That is the ugliest case I've seen yet....