Incase for iPhone 6/6+

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by AuroraProject, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Ringside macrumors regular

Ringside

What happened to Incase??? They use to be one of the premium brands back in the day. Had a white slider on my 3G until it scratched up the phone all to hell. But the case did look cool on the phone. Now it's taken them almost 8 weeks to come out with 2 very mediocre looking snap-on cases.

2. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Would you prefer a case that takes a little longer to develop and works well? Or a case, as you said, scratches your phone all to hell

3. Ringside, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014

Ringside macrumors regular

Ringside

To be fair, most cases back then scratched up phones. The hard plastic ones today do as well. My point is that it's a very simple plastic snap on case with minimal protection that is hardly an engineering feat and I'm surprised it took them 2 months to release. Oh and they're charging 30 bucks for it. Scared to see what the slider costs when they finally come out with it!

4. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

They still are a premium brand. That's why they don't ship cases based off leaked specs. It took them just as long when the iPhone 5 was announced.

I do think the space has gotten very aggressive in the last 5 years and you can easily get great cases off Amazon for under $15.

5. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

I remember the days of the 2G/3G/S, there weren't a heck of a lot of companies making cases. Now they're a dime a dozen

6. Mr.C macrumors 601

Probably due to the huge increase in the use of smart phones in the last five years.

7. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

While I'm not impressed by their initial offerings, I'm still hopeful that there's a Slider coming.

8. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

50% off until midnight tonight, use code TURKEY50

9. leinadhok macrumors member

leinadhok

Thanks for the heads up.

10. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

50% off and free shipping for Black Friday, use code BLACK50

11. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

Just ordered a Halo Snap for my 6+...

Hope it's good...

12. mixedup macrumors member

I'm waiting on a slider as well....loved the ones I had for my previous generation iphones...

13. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

I was waiting on a slider from Incase as well but I dont think its coming out... 17.47 for that Halo Snap is not bad...

14. AuroraProject thread starter macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

I have a feeling the protruding camera is going to be a reason for a delayed slider case.

15. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

interesting... the pending charge on my credit card for the Halo Snap got dropped... still have not heard from Incase... =/

16. leinadhok macrumors member

leinadhok

Anyone who made a purchase during their Black Friday / Cyber Monday sale heard back from Incase since? Their customer support seems to be non existent.

17. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Got my blue snap case for the iPhone 6 and it's pretty disappointing. The phone is loose in the case and the lip for the screen side comes up too much. Love the color and feel but will probably return it.

18. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

I have... Placed an order Black Friday and nothing so I called last Tuesday... Some sales rep gave me some BS how it was just a long weekend... Finally got emails Thursday saying my case has shipped... Customer service is pretty bad and it took them almost a week to ship out orders...

I hope the Halo Snap is a better fit or it's going back as well...

19. oghowie macrumors 6502a

oghowie

Actually I got the orders pretty quick since I'm in Socal, but their system was definitely messed up. Got some shipment confirmations after the orders had already arrived...

I think you can just buy many cases that are better for 1/2 or 1/3 of the price now.

20. Gryfter, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

I've always liked Incase and their products; their SYSTM Chisels wer miles better than the Candyshells for the 5s/5Ss...

I'm giving them 1 last chance with this Halo Snap... I wasn't gonna pay the full 34.99+tax for it but at half price, why not...

21. Gryfter, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

Update:

finally received my Halo Snap and its great; I love it! love how the case cutouts around the buttons are, making it very easy to press... love the matte back as well... fits perfectly; phone doesnt move around in the case...

just hope this case holds up for the long term...

22. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

can you post pics? I saw this at the Apple store and was debating trying it out. Haven't used an InCase product since the 3GS.

23. Gryfter macrumors 6502

Gryfter

Sorry I don't have any decent pics; my only camera is the 6 Plus I'm using now... Here's the link to the Incase Halo Snap page; their pics are spot on:

https://www.goincase.com/shop/snap-cases/halo-snap-case-2/black

24. danny8200 macrumors 65816

danny8200

How's the camera cut out? I've had some cases where the black ring has faded off the case in that area (other brands).