Incase Frame Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tozfeekum, Apr 30, 2009.

1. tozfeekum macrumors member

2. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Looks really interesting. It's basically just what I want in a case. If you get it, could you please post a review? Thanks a lot!

3. tozfeekum thread starter macrumors member

4. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I saw those while at the Apple Store on 5th Ave NYC. The case looks cool, but the colors sucked IMO.

5. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Yep. It's on the Apple Store website, and there is also a great review there! There is a good chance it is at the Apple Store.

6. AGIPSY macrumors regular

looks a little bulker than the incase slider......

7. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Oh you gotta be kidding me? I just broke down and bought a iSkin Solo FX in orange. It's my 6th case i think. I absolutely love this case and thought i was finally done with cases. No more temptations because who would be making any more cases. Never would have though InCase would!!!!!!! I love InCase products. Ugh. I can't get another case. I just can't. and the one pictured is orange. figures. Seems like it's similar to the iSkin Solo though.

8. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

Looking back at the pictures, it's weird. It's like really bad photography or photoshop work. One angle it looks very fat. The corners are odd too.

9. vinay427 macrumors 6502a

vinay427

Do you have a black iPhone 3G or white? The reason I'm asking is does the orange look like a bright orange or a dark orange? A black iPhone obviously makes colors darker because the case is translucent so thanks a lot!

10. Sweetbike40 macrumors 65816

Sweetbike40

I have a black phone. When i got the package the orange looked so brilliant and bright like italian ice or something. On the phone, it's darker. Depends on the lighting i'm in too. In bright light it appears a brighter orange, in dim lighting, it's darker looking. It would probably look much better on a white phone.

11. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Yea, the colors are a bit weird but I'm planning on checking them out tonight or tomorrow at the Apple store.

12. kicko macrumors 65816

would it kill them to make a basic black?

I would guess the colored portion is silicon? or coated

if it is then it probably would get "dirty" looking pretty quick.

that back looks like a griffen wave case.

I kind of like this one, it's funny i was looking at the iskin solo as a change of pace, this looks way more bulky then an iskin.

13. SMkdesigns macrumors regular

14. AGIPSY macrumors regular

do you have pics? is it bulky? tell us what's it like!

15. tozfeekum thread starter macrumors member

16. kicko macrumors 65816

Yeah for real ... we need pics!

I guess i would get the blue its the least loud & feminine...i think

17. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I'm debating right now whether or not I want to go out to the Apple store and see if they have them. I would take pictures if I did...I just don't know if I can justify the 29 dollars.

Edit: Apple store Woodfield does not have them in stock right now. Kind of kills any interest I had because I'm happy with my Incase slider and don't feel like driving around to multiple Apple stores to find it.

18. oxdtown macrumors member

i would give it a try

i have to go to the woodfield apple store tomorrow and was hoping they have it oh well maybe the one in oakbrook has it

19. Lexoticstylez02 macrumors 6502a

Lexoticstylez02

Why such weird colors? I wish they had a black or white one.

20. daonesteven macrumors 6502

i saw them today at the apple store in all three of those bright colors, i saw that a lot of younger girls were buying them but personally, they're just way too flashy and bright. The rubber border reminded me of the incase protective case material, and the back is like a hard plastic material that looked like it would scratch easily when you place it on surfaces, etc. Good idea but wasn't impressed, so I got the regular black matte slider instead.

I also checked out the bamboo slider while I was there, also a great idea since I'm an environmentalist, but they have this strong bamboo smell that was a bit nauseating, and some issues with construction.

21. fishmd macrumors 68000

fishmd

Anyone have any pictures of this thing that they could share with the rest of us. I am just not sure of the colors. Thanks guys/gals. :D

22. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

This is my review I posted on Apple's website a few weeks back when I had an iPhone. I hope it helps.

Oh boy, my search for the perfect iPhone case started even before I got my iPhone. I searched and searched for that perfect case. …Read moreI checked here, I checked iLounge, i checked everywhere. I read every review, tried every product, and frankly, I was dissapointed every time. I eventually came to the conclusion that I would get a sena slim pouch, and keep my iPhone naked. It looked great and when its in my pocket its protected, but out of the pouch its naked, like the good Apple lord intended it to be. While looking for cases on the seemingly overwhelming wall of colors and styles at the Apple store, I hear my girlfriend fumbing with my phone, as I turn around with the sena slim case in hand, I see my iPhone (in the incipio feather case still) falling to the ground to its doom. Luckily, it bounced off her foot and she caught it before it hit the ground. After my anger subsided, I knew a naked iPhone would die by the hands of my clutsy girlfriend. I needed a case that would protect my phone from a drop, but would give me the feel of a naked phone. Also, it needed to be able to go in my pocket (so no belt clip for me) and not be a magnet for all the dust and lint in my pocket. This case met my needs to a "T."

I got this case in blue. It is rubber (silicone, but not that tacky stuff) around the edges, and a hard see through plastic (sturdy feeling) on the back. The silicone covers the volume buttons and the sleep button without hindering their fuctionality. The camera cut out is well placed, and the headphone opening is large enough for any headphones. The bottom also has well placed speaker and dock cable cut outs. Because the back is a similiar in feel to the back of my black 3g, I am given the feeling of a naked phone, but I have peace of mind that it could survive a small fall from a counter or desk. I combined it with the zagg invisible shield (front screen protector only) and I've got a winning combination.

Pros:
    -Light-weight
    -Silicone does not stick to the inside of your pockets (big pro for me)
    -Very well placed cut-outs
    -look, feel, and peace of mind.
    -The color worked for me seeing as blue is my favorite color. You can see your Apple logo that we all love so much, as well as the GB capacity.
    -Its one piece, instead of 2 snap pieces, so it wont fall apart.

Cons:
    -The cut outs, seeing as they're silicone are a little frayed, you know, like, you could fix them yourself, like when cut they got frayed a little, however, I only notice it for the ringer switch cut out.
    -Your phone needs to be very clean before going in the case. If not, you'll see what you missed in the back and if you're like me, it will drive you nuts.
    -You'll need to clean the inside of the case and the back of your iPhone maybe once a week to get all dirt and stuff out if you keep it in your pocket like me, but that goes for almost all cases. No case is dirt and dust proof. If you are like me, and take care of your investments, you would do this anyhow with or without a case.
    -A few more color choices would be great! Maybe some reds or YELLOW!!! (second favorite color) Black and white would be great too, but honestly, isn't that a little boring?

Get this case, you won't be dissapointed. This is one of those cases that if it came in more colors, I would get a few of them to mix and match to my out fit or mood. Heres hoping for a yellow one. :)

I hope I helped.

23. kicko macrumors 65816

I like this case but i have 3 concerns with this case.

1. the silicone will look get dirty and is hard to clean.

2. the silicone will stretch out and become a loose fit

3. the clear back will scratch easy

Have you encountered any of these issues with this case.

24. jmittens24 macrumors newbie

Yes, yes, and yes. The silicone looked gross on my green case after only 2 days. The bottom was also becoming quite loose, and I hadn't even removed the phone from the case yet. And yeah, the back scratches easily, plus you can see every little piece of dust or smudge on the case or the phone. Do not buy this case.

25. Matrix86 macrumors member

Looks nice, but I would really have to see it in person before making any real judgments. :apple: