Incase Hardcase for Unibody Macbook available!!

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Luke1robb, Feb 1, 2009.

1. Luke1robb macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

2. uicandrew macrumors 6502a

i think there have been incase reps who monitor the forums. I think i remember them commenting on their iphone slider cases in the iphone thread when there were problems.

colorwise, it looks scrumptious, like a giant lime lifesaver. If i was a more flashy personality-wise and profession-wise, I would get it. Unfortunately, my style is "classic and understated."

great find, though.

Edit: upon looking at it for a 2nd/3rd time, it seems like it is the 15" unibody MBP. i don't drink enough coffee to know if it is to scale, but it seems like it is a big large for a 13"

3. e8w117 macrumors member

4. skorpien macrumors 68020

Really? Then what's this? Unless you meant nothing about the green case, then yes, they only have black and pink on their site.

It just might actually be for the 13" MB since Incase's site doesn't have any hard cases for the Unibody MBPs (yet). Though this could be a brand new product that hasn't been updated on their site just yet.

5. Luke1robb thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luke1robb

Alright, so I stand corrected... but pink and black? Can we get some See thru? Red? Blue? Other color options?

6. ZDDP1273 macrumors 6502

That lime green looks pretty sweet. I might get one if they have some other crazy colors.

7. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

Thats for the old whitebook
    It looks like the speck case 100%, no difference at all it looks like.

8. skorpien macrumors 68020

I'm sure you'll see more colours, you'll just have to give it a bit of time. You'll probably see more options in Apple stores before they update their website. The iPhone 3G Slider was available in only white and matte black on their site for the longest time, even when Apple started carrying magenta and gunmetal. Now there's a whole slew of colours for the 3G Slider. I myself am holding out for a blue to see how that will look on the MB.

9. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

10. skorpien macrumors 68020

11. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

That is EXACTLY what I thought when I first saw the blue...although the green doesn't look to shabby either...oh man, I'm gonna end up buying both...someone stop me haha.

12. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I want to know if your MacBook overheats ...

I have an InCase hardshell on my old BlackBook... no problems overheating. I bought a Speck Hardshell see thru satin (cause I got tired of waiting for the InCase one) and I feel like my laptop is running a bit hotter with it on.

Anyone own the new InCase and can tell me if the venting is better than the new Speck?

13. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

14. caradish macrumors newbie

Caution - Incase colors on website are totally off base!

The colors on the incase website are NOT accurate. The sea foam green color for the new aluminum Macbook Pro (hard case) is really a strong kelly-like green. I had to reorder a pink one and after 25 minutes on hold, I was told that I had to pay shipping both times (18.00 total for UPS ground plus the cost to ship back the first one!). It's a cool case but the company’s customer service leaves a lot to be desired and they have no clue how to present the colors accurately on their site.....

15. hrl macrumors member

Incase hardshell is a lot better than Speck's in term of build quality (inside out), fit & finish & heat disbursement. I really don't like Speck's as it seems very poor after I picked up and installed Incase's on my new macbook.