incase hardshell = bad battery life?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by FederalBmx, Apr 24, 2008.

1. FederalBmx macrumors member

i just bought the incase hardshell (which is beautiful and i love it) well ive had my mac for a couple months now and i was getting like 5hours of battery (wifi on bluetooth off only browsing web and such screen brightness way down) well i put on the incase hardshell and now at 86% battery life its giving me a time of only 2:26min. maybe this is due to the incase amping up the internal heat and in turn making the fans spin more? any advice or comments feel free to let me know. im kinda upset im getting alot less battery life.

2. dborja macrumors 6502a

I didn't notice any loss in battery life after installing my cool InCase hardshell... It's doing a great job protecting my white MB from smudges.:)

3. FederalBmx thread starter macrumors member

yea it does protect from smudges which drove me nuts. i want to know about direct impacts or something. anyone care to test with their macbook for me?:D

4. dborja macrumors 6502a

I'll do it for $1049 + tax...;)

5. wedge234 macrumors member

part of it could be that your battery needs conditioning. I'd try that before jumping to that rash of a conclusion.

6. jackiecanev2 macrumors 65816

jackiecanev2

I agree with wedge; if it's been a few months since you've had it, you probably need to calibrate your battery. Instructions here. It's probably just bad timing that it coincides with the incase shell. Unless you've noticed your core temps running or your fans kicking into high gear constantly, I can't imagine that it would cause any such problem.

7. FederalBmx thread starter macrumors member

well i am constantly running my battery down all the way. ive only had it for two months. i actually let it die completly before i put the case on. so i know its not that. i just finished recalibrating it as im typing and now its 3:20min fully charged. i have coconut battery and that is showing my battery still has over the max charging capacity. i have my screen brightness all the way down and now its 2:52 with 99% screenbrightness at one and bluetooth off, wifi on and only using safari. this kind of sucks and makes me upset. what happened to my badass batterylife? haha

i checked istat and my fans are spinning around 4700. can anyone with similar specs with no case compare fan speeds running similar programs?

8. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I have had the Incase Hardshell on my Blackbook since the first day it was available, and have not noticed any decreases in my battery performance. I am still getting close to 4 hours on a full charge.

9. Stokes macrumors regular

I've not noticed an change in battery life after the installation of the inCase Hardshell.

10. FederalBmx thread starter macrumors member

well right now im calibrating my battery again. hopefully that should do something. if not anyone have ny suggestions as to why my battery life could go so far down?