Incase Hardshell discolored

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by joshbing, Aug 21, 2008.

1. joshbing macrumors member

joshbing

when i got my white macbook in june i immidiately put the frost(white) incase hardshell on it to protect it. it works great.

a few days ago i noticed that on the top cover the back edge of it has turned a light orange. i turned it over and 1/2 of the bottom has also turned from white to light orange. i took off the case to see if i could clean it but simple scrubbing didn't fix it.

when the cover is off you cant tell the discoloring but when i hold it against something white (like my macbook) it is obviously discolored.

has this happened to anyone else? and does anyone have any ideas for a solution?

thanks

2. kperrone macrumors newbie

kperrone

i have a white mb as well and the same case. i have had no problem with discoloration just taking it off from time to time to get the dust out. does it look like it's just something on the outside of it or the actual case itself?

only thing i could think of is take it back and get another one. sorry i couldn't be more helpful.

3. Built macrumors 68020

Is the inside of your computer case/backpack/messenger bag orange?

4. joshbing thread starter macrumors member

joshbing

no my case is the STM small alley, its grey inside. i dont even really own anything orange that could have rubbed on it. this why i find the color strange.

i tried washing the case and cleaning it with alcohol, no luck. im not sure if the case absorbed the color or if its something that can be cleaned. i might go and get a mr clean magic eraser since people say it works on other stain problems.

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Dunno if magic erasers would be a good idea as their abrasive

6. jackskacks macrumors newbie

I am having the exact same problem. The four corners of both the top and bottom case are orange. As far as i can tell, there's no reason for the discoloration. Nothing orange has been rubbing on my computer.