Incase Hardshell or Speck Hardshell for Macbook Pro?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by randomrazr, Jun 14, 2011.

1. randomrazr macrumors 65816

I have a new 15inch macbook pro 15inch.

i want to get a hardshell case for it.

im not sure whether to get the speck see thru clear

or the incase frost white.

the only different i know between the two is the incase has a nice soft touch rubber coating while the spec see thru is just glossy plastic

they are both the same prices and was wondering to those who have used both or know which is better quality, pleaseee let me know! lol

2. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

3. Apple Expert macrumors 65816

Are you worried about scratches or dents? I went with Phantom Skinz in matte finish. I LOVE IT! I know it provide much protection against drops. But I hope I can continue to becareful with my MBP.

4. Eddyisgreat macrumors 601

I've used both. I like the Incase Hardshell just for the rubbery feel and the sleekness of the case. The speck adds a little bulkiness on the lid for really no reason (as far as I can tell) w/ alot of extra material, BUT the clear is great if you like to customize it. I use transparencies w/ mine.

In the end the incase works best for me but i'd just grab whatever was in stock, really.

5. darrellishere macrumors 6502

I got the white gloss incase in the post today. Its nice! But the incase perforated is nicer!! And twice as light. I was shocked when I held it in the apple store. Made me instantly regret my white gloss purchase! But hay how, more money for incase and and another redundant case to add to my collection of iphone cases LOL

I like the gloss white though. Its like having a big! White macbook! As soon as the incase perforated snap 15" is for sale in the uk. Im all over it!!!!! In Black!

6. Prelude2elude macrumors member

Prelude2elude

i used to have the speck clear on my 13 inch MBP, it gets dirty and you will eventually start to see circular swirl marks on the case. When i had the case on the laptop felt heavier (even though its light plastic). Every week or 2 I would take the case off to clean it and started noticing scratches on the laptop corners near the screen.

I now went naked and bought the Incase sleeve, which I like very much.

7. amycishere macrumors 6502

I'm getting an incase vivid green. I loved the color and had heard excellent reviews.

8. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Incase Perforated Hard Shell. The small holes help with the temps and the Apple logo looks really cool as it glows through the perforations.