Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TSE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
Is there an Incase Hardshell coming out for the MBP like the MB? I will hold off if there is, because as far as I have researched, the Incase got better reviews then the Speck.

Jiddick ExRex

macrumors 65816
May 14, 2006
Roskilde, DK
I don't know with the Incase but I have just recently pulled my Speck off for good, seeing as it actually made a scratch on the front of my MBP. I took it off to clean it and lo and behold, a deep scratch right next to the DVD drive. Annoying and useless as hell, since I bought the Speck with the purpose of not getting any scratches!

stylistik

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2006
I don't know with the Incase but I have just recently pulled my Speck off for good, seeing as it actually made a scratch on the front of my MBP. I took it off to clean it and lo and behold, a deep scratch right next to the DVD drive. Annoying and useless as hell, since I bought the Speck with the purpose of not getting any scratches!

I too got the same scratch on my MBP and only after 1 week... i was so piss that happen. I just order a macally leather case for mine and it has soft linear to prevent scratches unlike Speck :mad:

inVINCEcible2k3

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2008
Brownsville F'kin Texas
i'm beginning to feel bad now that i ordered a SPECK . Everyone has something bad to say about them. Is it just human error and usage? Not cleaning it monthly? Or is it the product straight out? I'm waiting for the UPS guy to bring me speck today and been reading up on it and just a lot of mixx feelings. Ive checked out reviews in amazon , here and other locations. A lot of good and some bads. I just hope all goes well.

I'm really nervous since i want to take care of my week old baby.

Alucardx03

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2008
I have a Speck case on my MBP and have had it on for almost 6 months. Granted, I don't do a lot of traveling with it, and when I do it's in a neoprene sleeve, but so far I haven't had any scratches. If you take care of it and aren't reckless, the case should do it's job in protecting that precious computer. Cleaning it occasionally helps too.

On a side note, I know someone who just bought the Incase for his new MB and it was far superior in both quality and fit. I haven't heard anything about such a case for the MBP, but it was nice enough to make me want to replace my Speck if they do come out.

So, it's really up to you. If you feel comfortable waiting, then wait. There are no guarantees, however.

inVINCEcible2k3

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2008
Brownsville F'kin Texas
I have a Speck case on my MBP and have had it on for almost 6 months. Granted, I don't do a lot of traveling with it, and when I do it's in a neoprene sleeve, but so far I haven't had any scratches. If you take care of it and aren't reckless, the case should do it's job in protecting that precious computer. Cleaning it occasionally helps too.

thanks for the reply. It does ease the tension i built up today. I feel a lot better hearing people with good experiences with it. The main uses for me is to take it school within a laptop backpack with padding and back at home. Nothing to hardcore. Gotta baby it. Thanks for the input!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.