Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
I dropped my iPhone getting out of my car earlier today. It hit in the corner and then whapped the asphalt another couple of times, including on the face. I pick it up, and the InCase cover is scratched in about 6 places, maybe more, but the phone itself is NOT DAMAGED. Boo yah for me starting to use that thing again.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
nice... I'd also like to see some pics of the case to see what happened to it. Which model case do you have?

InCase Slider black. It just put some nice scuffs in a few places, but the one about 8 mm from the camera is where it hit. There's also a small scuff on the small rim on the front, which means I probably saved a nifty screen scratch since the case is raised just a little bit above the screen. I'll try to take some pics when I get home.

elbirth

macrumors 65816
Jan 19, 2006
North Carolina, US
sweet, I was half way considering getting a slider for my 3G, as it's one of the few cases I actually like the look of.. I just don't want it adding any thickness to the phone. On launch day I saw someone with the neoprene protective sleeve and I really liked that, but it won't provide nearly as much fall protection

zainjetha

macrumors 6502a
Aug 11, 2007
I love my incase, the amount of times ive dropped my iPhone is unreal.. not a single scratch to date.

Whorehay

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2008
Incase Slider??? I'm thinking about getting that one. Good to hear that it protects!

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Original poster
Feb 4, 2008
sweet, I was half way considering getting a slider for my 3G, as it's one of the few cases I actually like the look of.. I just don't want it adding any thickness to the phone. On launch day I saw someone with the neoprene protective sleeve and I really liked that, but it won't provide nearly as much fall protection

After this little episode that could've cost me $200 (actually $300 because I wouldn't have bought an 8GB iPhone 3G), I could care less about the thickness! As I'm pretty sure I wrote, I didn't have the case on for a couple of weeks because I liked the feel better without and I could easily pop it in the speaker dock at work (that would charge it).

Now, that's all changed. The only reason I didn't freak was I had the case on and I saw it hit a covered portion. After realizing that *knock on wood* a flat surface can't touch the screen with that case, I'm all about that. Obviously a rock could puncture the screen if it hit flat-faced, but nothing that I have seen could protect it from that.

Neoprene probably won't protect nearly as much. You won't get any scratches, but it won't absorb shock like a hard piece of plastic will. Now if you'll excuse me as I visit http://www.kevlarforiphone.com....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.