Incase Large Messenger Bag User Experience

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by hajime, May 20, 2010.

1. hajime macrumors 68030

Hello. Anybody own the large messenger bag?
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/large-messenger-bag-cl55170
    I recall seeing it being sold at several Apple Online Stores awhile ago. However, I cannot find this item anymore. Anything good/bad about this bag?
    I have the Nylong Sleeve but it does not fit my needs these days. Thanks.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

3. themackidya macrumors newbie

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

5. mistashizzle macrumors member

I have an incase case for my iphone. Never tried one of their bags but my iPhone case is incredible. I love it, I'd recommend the company 100%.

6. hajime thread starter macrumors 68030

I think it is so large that one can put a baby inside.

7. mudgeon macrumors newbie

I have the InCase Medium Messenger bag

I have the Medium version of the same bag. I think it's pretty terrific. Lots of pockets internally, lots of room. Comfortable shoulder strap with very comfortable pad that slides nicely. Shoulder strap has super-easy length adjuster -- a huge flip-up friction lock that you can adjust even while wearing the bag. Huge internal main compartment, which was key for me. Most bags only open 3 inches, but the InCase Medium Messenger is 7.5" deep. (The Large is 9" deep.) Nice faux-fur lined computer compartment at the back -- it's flexible, not hard, making the bag MUCH more comfortable on your back, while still offering reasonably good padding. Water resistant, I guess, but a heavy rain will penetrate it. Reasonably good looking, especially if you clip the front-flap clips instead of leaving them dangling. And it has terrific, huge velcro strips for the main front flap, plus two adjustable clips, so it's great at staying closed while still being easy to open.

I can carry a MacBook Air, all its accessories, plus tons of other stuff, including 2 pairs of shoes/sneakers, spare t-shirts, spiral notebooks, collapsible umbrella, water bottle (pocket is inside), and a whole range of odds and ends. There are 4 or 5 pen pockets, too, which I like.

Only 3 minor drawbacks for me. (a) There is no back outside pocket, so you always have to lift the flap to deal with stuff. (b) The padded computer compartment has an unpadded seam along the entire rear bottom edge, where I guess the padding-sheets meet. My MacBook Air is SO narrow that it always slipped into that tiny seam, meaning it had zero bump protection along the bottom. Dropping the bag from even a couple inches was bad. So I added my own U-shaped padding. Kind of silly to pad the padding, but it was necessary and solved the problem. (c) Apart from the computer compartment in the back and the numerous pockets in the front, the interior is one giant compartment. I wish there were a simple cloth divider just in front of the computer compartment, making a second shallow full-width compartment for paper documents, to keep them separate from all my other junk in the main compartment.

I've been using various bags for many years. This is my favorite so far.

8. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

I just got the medium messenger that fits up to 15.4" MBPs. Great bag, although a little big on a small 5ft girl like me. This thing is a monster and actually - JUST what I need to carry a MBP and a DSLR. THis even fits my larger pro level lenses attached to the body. Nice messenger alternative to the boxy military grade photo bags that are out there today