Incase Leather Snap Case for iPhone 5

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by OutGolfn, Oct 27, 2012.

1. OutGolfn macrumors regular

Received this in the mail today and I was impressed with the build quality of the leather. The snap case fits great and the feel in your hand is outstanding. Over time I am hoping the leather develops a character of it owns. I usually go without a case but this one I just couldn't pass up. Looks like they are backordered for a couple weeks now, but I was able to find it instock on amazon through an authorized seller. Very satisfied and hopefully it is durable through everyday use.http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/leather-snap-case-es89053

2. shiaulou macrumors newbie

ive been looking for a case like this, does it have lay on table protection for the screen? also, does it wrap around the shiny part of the bezel?

3. OutGolfn thread starter macrumors regular

Yes the leather edge rises slightly higher than the screen, so it will provide coverage if you put it face down on a table.(Not much though)

It also covers the bezel except for the openings for the buttons, lightning connector etc...

4. xMClass macrumors 6502

Bumping this thread up for more feedback. Anybody else using this case? How's the fit and finish? Can't seem to find many reviews on this case.

5. Böhme417 macrumors 6502

I'm curious as well. I had the J. Crew one very similar to this on my 4S and LOVED it. I'm on the third one for my 5 (brown, black, and now blue), but the leather feels cheaper, and the brown one is a different color than before. I'd very much like to find a better one.

6. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

7. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

8. OutGolfn thread starter macrumors regular

Update: Since Oct I've have been using this case and I really enjoy it. Now I am not rough on my phones. The leather has turned a darker tone from my use and still is in great condition. If your rough with your device then it won't last long, but still looks great and feels great in your hand.

9. Willsonchen macrumors member

it looks good, does it have any stink smell, i am afraid about that.;)

10. Ann P macrumors 68020

Brown leather tone of the InCase definitely looks a lot better compared to the SGP. Does anyone know where to find this case in retail? It's been Sold Out for a while and can't seem to find it at Bestbuy, Target, etc.,.

11. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

I don't know about that. I saw this video for the incase. Looks great but that hideous cutout for the camera is bugging me and the inside is all plastic. No padding :/
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPwf4si-A8A

then I watched this for the SGP
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUXE9R9af_w

The leather for the SGP darkens and looks better and seems to have better protection since it's not straight plastic on the inside. Oh and cheaper too.

12. OutGolfn thread starter macrumors regular

No bad smell. Just a genuine leather smell. If anything I think the smell is all but gone away now from so much use.

I heard some apple stores have them and a few best buy's depending on your location. Looks like they have been sold out for a while.

13. jbzcar macrumors regular

If you find any let me know, that would look killer on my phone. :D