Incase Macbook Pro 13" Hardshell Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cicianne, Jan 2, 2012.

1. cicianne macrumors newbie

2. Steve.P.JobsFan macrumors 6502a

Steve.P.JobsFan

Incase is decent. I'd recommend you get a case from Speck. You can get a brand new Speck SeeThru hardshell in "Cobalt" blue for $10 more. They have a huge variety of colors.

Speck Products: Incase Shell for MacBook Pro

3. chillfrilla macrumors member

incsae is garbage

have both
    spekc is better

4. Elevon macrumors regular

+1 vote for the Speck.

I've used the speck case before and couldn't be any happier!
    Incase is a popular and well known brand, but I believe they focus on their bag products, where as speck focuses on their tech accessories more. =]

5. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Speck or Incase is the way to go, I've noticed that the ventilation holes are better with either of these two products. I've purchased a nameless case on eBay, and the computer heated up a lot hotter than normal. Upon inspection of the bottom of the nameless case, they put the ventilation holes only on the bottom where the HDD and battery are, and didn't bother to put any ventilation holes on the top portion (like incase, and Speck did).

6. Spink10 Suspended

Spink10

7. FooDog11 macrumors newbie

I've had the Incase on for about a year and I love it! I checked out the Speck, too, at the time of purchase but preferred the feel & fit of the Incase.

8. JerZyT28 macrumors regular

I had the Incase Black Hardshell as my first cover. I wasn't "true" black, it was kinda purplish. Also, the bottom part would catch in the fold of my MBP and make a clicking sound. Switched it up to Speck, looks BLACK and fitment is PERFECT! I was so accustomed to the clicking noise, it was weird the first few times I opened the MBP with the Speck.

9. mfuchs88 macrumors 6502

I love my Speck See Thru Satin. Feels nice, looks fine, and gives great protection. It has already protecting my MBP from a few dings from bumping into the corner of walls and setting it down too hard one. If you want, check out this review. They are pretty cheap on amazon, around 35 dollars, and would highly suggest it. The only thing is that you should take it off about one a week or every two weeks to clean underneath it so that the particles that get trapped won't built up and scratch your computer. Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNI-VEsjNWA

10. chillfrilla macrumors member

that was a pretty crappy review video, got one better>?