InCase Maki Sleeve for iPad 3 - pretty wortless!

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by JoQ, May 30, 2012.

1. JoQ macrumors newbie

Bought my InCase Maki sleeve a month ago, when I bought an iPad 3. I know this was designed for the iPad 2 but according to InCase site and others, fitted the 3 very well.

I read the reviews I could find before purchasing, some good, others not good.

So I expected the sleeve to be good, but as a stand, less stable.
    As some other people wrote about it, it takes some time to find the sweet spot to make it stand upright in landscape / movie orientation.

This worked pretty well in the beginning, but as the fabric has become a bit softer from use, it is now impossible to put the iPad 3 in landscape/movie.
    Spent about 10 minutes trying to make it stand up (this had worked before when it was new) but I couldn't make it stay put, always slided away and lifted the magnetic flap.

I warn you! This works only as a sleeve! Which is pretty sad because I bought it to not have to buy a smart cover, and spent $65 including shipping from US to Sweden.

To top this off, when I was in contact the only thing they offer me is exchanging it for a new one, and the support won't even read what I write. Returning the case will cost me about the same amount as a new one cost (international shipping from here is expensive). And what I want and what is the right thing to do is refunding me, this sleeve is purely designed for the iPad 2, it can't handle the iPad 3's weight.

I hope this will push them to do something.

A non-satisfied customer. No more InCase ever, awful customer support and 2,5 weeks until they even shipped it without even letting me now.

2. charlieegan3 macrumors 68020

charlieegan3

i have an incase backpack that i'm very pleased with. They can be a little slow to respond on the customer support side but in general they were very helpful.

3. satchow macrumors 6502

I don't have a problem with my Maki Sleeve and my The new iPad. How I do it is I lay it out completely unfolded, with the tab unfolded too, and the nub on the tab facing up, and I just fold the other 3 parts up as something to rest the back of the iPad on. Works fine for me as long as no kids knock it over. It's not stable at all in Portrait mode, but fine in Landscape.