Incase Metal Slider

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by PrimeCipher, Oct 29, 2008.

1. PrimeCipher macrumors member

I'm currently using the iSkin revo2 and while I'm fine with it, I do have some problems, such as the difficulty of turning on/off the silent switch.

I was thinking about purchasing Incase's Metal Slider for the iPhone 3G, but was hesitant to do so because of numerous reviews from iLounge as well as on these forums, that the normal Sliders cause the bezel to scratch and more often than not, the paint peels on the case itself.

Was curious what people thought, if they had purchased the current metal slider or used it on the first iPhone. The price point to me is reasonable, I believe it's 35 or so w/o shipping, just want to be sure it's not a waste of money.

2. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

Incase doesn't make a metal slider. If so post a link to it.

3. tdgrn macrumors 6502

If you are talking about the Incase Slider that is plastic, I have one and I really like it. I have the white one. (I really wanted the 16gb white iPhone, but the whole lack of funds thing kinda stopped that.)

4. PrimeCipher thread starter macrumors member

5. Al2009 macrumors member

I have one(Gun Metal), have no issues whatsoever. I have heard that some sliders have flash( leftover plastic left from the mold) inside the case so if you get one make sure you get that off, because that will leave some pretty scratches on the back of your phone.:D Just make sure you clean your phone and the inside of the case really good before you put it on. The chrome bezel is eventually gonna get scratched anyway, case or no case. Nothing a little Never Dull can't fix.;)

(Some Best Buy stores carry them if you have one nearby)