Incase Neoprene Plus or Macally

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Yoh, Apr 19, 2010.

1. Yoh macrumors member

2. Yoh thread starter macrumors member

3. LowEnder macrumors member

Buy BOTH...read J. Dulak's review of the Macally Bookshell2 (on the Amazon page you linked to) says it fits inside the Incase neoprene sleeve....

4. Yoh thread starter macrumors member

that is quite extreme for me... i only need one protection... but which?

5. hellfire88 macrumors 6502

I actually have both, albeit for a Macbook Pro 15" in my case but I assume its similar. You can MAYBE fit the macbook w. the macally case on into the Incase sleeve, but you'd have to squeeze and stretch it a lot to do it.

For the Macally case, its nice but it adds a considerable amount of bulk and weight (over 1lb) to the whole Macbook Pro. So if you care about weight its something to take into consideration. The "leather" feeling of the Macally is kinda eh....like pleather. Also the top part that goes on the screen lid weighs the lid a bit so its more likely to not stay open when you keep it about 30deg. On the pro side it offers decent protection from scratches on the outer-body when in use etc. The sleeve would do be able to (unless you put the Macbook on top of the sleeve in use to protect the aluminum on the bottom).

6. Yoh thread starter macrumors member

hmmm any more input? any comments about heating issues for a case? i might be gaming a bit and im worried it'll get too hot + in the summer etc

7. Yoh thread starter macrumors member

8. Ann P macrumors 68020

I do not think that getting both will be too "extreme" when you consider the money you've invested into your MacBook. The sleeve will be perfect if you're always on the go. The Macally case would be a good alternative to scratches and dents. Are you more comfortable with lugging your laptop in a sleeve or the case? Personally, I use the Macally Bookshell INSIDE a Incase Nylon case.

Let us know what you've ultimately went with!

9. Yoh thread starter macrumors member

Yea... I dont need both.. anyways, well see what i choose... still no clue tho - -