Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MBP09

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
I'm looking to buy this sleeve since i think it fits my needs. I could put it in my backpack as well as carry it by itself. I tried looking for reviews other than the apple store but couldn't find any... Does anybody have this case, and if so, how is it? Do you recommend it or not? Thanks....

Coolnat2004

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
It works well. I throw it in my backpack at school. The pocket barely holds the power adaptor + grounded cable.

MBP09

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Tucano. This is the brand that i have bought my 15.4" MBP, and cord case for $24.99, on eBay.

I went to the website and it's funny. When i hover over the "Product" tab, the choices are all the way to the left, so when i go there it disappears... I try to switch back and forth really fast and sadly it ain't happening:p, they need to fix that... Anyways i'm looking for a sleeve that has handles. I like the idea of having to carry it alone and slim to put it in the backpack with books.

It works well. I throw it in my backpack at school. The pocket barely holds the power adaptor + grounded cable.

Does it look tacky with the adaptor at all or does it seem ok...

Coolnat2004

macrumors 6502
Jan 12, 2005
Does it look tacky with the adaptor at all or does it seem ok...

Well, it definitely looks like you have a lot of stuff on the sleeve -- I imagine it would be better if you don't take the grounded cable with you and just use the little flip thing on the power adaptor.

I used it all year long last year and it lived in the front of my backpack along with many books. It survived a quick jump from my passenger seat to the dashboard (while within my backpack) -- some lady cut me off haha..

I'm happy with the purchase and it's enough for me. I don't use the shoulder strap -- the handles work just fine.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.