Incase Neoprene Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by sWaltuo, Mar 7, 2008.

1. sWaltuo macrumors regular

Just saw this posted on incase website.

If anyone orders or picks one up at the apple store. post a review and pictures!

Attached Files:

2. johnzoidberg macrumors member

I picked one up tonight from the SoHo store tonight. The fit and quality is great EXCEPT the lip is so tight it can't close over the computer. So I'm returning it.

http://goincase.com/products/detail/neoprene-sleeve-cl57148/2

As you can see in some of these pictures, it shows the computer fully encased (with the lip closed over the computer). You can't actually do that.

3. mac jones macrumors 68040

So your saying that there's a gap where the metal shows though at the lip?

I could see that if there is no zipper and it's off a bit.

You might try stretching it out. These could be tight on purpose where they loosen up over time.

Looks great.

4. johnzoidberg macrumors member

No, the end part of the case is way too tight to stretch over MacBook Air, so in effect, it's impossible to fully "close" the sleeve around the notebook.

5. sWaltuo thread starter macrumors regular

Interesting .. can you post pictures??

6. johnzoidberg macrumors member

I think it's pretty self explantory. In fact in the picture you posted, it shows the Air in the sleeve. The problem is that the end part of the sleeve can't stretch over the rest of the computer.

7. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Not to be a prick, but you are trying to do it correctly, right? It seems that it should stretch just fine.

8. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I don't know... based on those pictures, it looks like the end with the slot would have to do an awful lot of stretching to reach past the end of the MBA. Looks like a good 2 inches to me.

Maybe the secret is not to try to stretch the entire end over all at once, but just get it to stretch past one corner and then let the stretch slide down to the opposite corner?

9. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

I was speaking simply from the point of view of incase's other neoprene cases (specifically the macbook case) which is really quite stretchy. I really hope it isn't a design flaw, I've been looking forward to getting their case when it came out.

10. Y2JDMBFAN macrumors regular

All you have to do is put on one end at a time...It works great for me. Picked one up the other night...They had the version with the zipper but I was scared the zipper would scratch the Air... It is a pretty tight fit once it is on. The only problem is that there is a small gap where the parts meet together that leaves the Air a tiny bit exposed....

Y2J

11. johnzoidberg macrumors member

I spent a good 15 minutes trying to fit the lip onto my Air in evry possible configuration. Perhaps my case is tighter than usual?

12. stpchien macrumors newbie

I picked one of these up at the Apple Store in SF. It fits my MBA just fine. (Also be sure to take out the piece of styrofoam from the case before adding your MBA.)

13. zand macrumors newbie

The one on Stockton St i presume? Did they have many in stock?

14. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

I really want one of these. Too bad they are not available at amazon.

15. zand macrumors newbie

They are available at goincase.com, why don't you just order there?

16. Blaine macrumors 6502a

Blaine

Because the shipping is pretty high :/
    This should be so light weight but the cheapest shipping was like $10.00

17. shrtmkr macrumors regular

They still don't carry this case in the 5th ave. store.

18. zand macrumors newbie

I picked one up on the store in Stockton St in SF. Great fit. Now I both have the Airmail and this one, will probably use this one more since it protects the machine better.

19. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

Great then I'll go get one too. And I hope they finally have a Time Capsule in stock! :p

20. laramie macrumors newbie

I picked up one of the Incase neoprene sleeves today at my local Apple store in NJ. It fits my MBA perfectly. Yes, it's a tight fit, but I consider that a feature, not a bug. As some of the previous posters have mentioned, it helps to slide on one corner of the flap at a time. The profile is very slim and helps to retain some of the "wow" factor of the thinness of the laptop.

It's perhaps not as classy as the nice sleeves from Fabrix, but on the other hand, I just needed to be able to walk into the store and walk out with a sleeve. I'm considering ordering one of the Fabrix sleeves as well after reading some of the other comments here.

21. fastuning macrumors member

can someone buy one for me in a STORE and send to SPAIN in EUROPE please?

i pay by paypal, here isnt available :(

thanks

22. Guv280984 macrumors member

I cant seem to find one of these cases on the Apple Online Store. Any reason behind this considering they seem to be selling them in the their shops?

Thanks

23. Guv280984 macrumors member

Incase Neoprene in the UK!

Guys,

I have searched everywhere online to find one of these cases and they only seem to be available from the States. There is no Apple Store here in Northern Ireland (We are getting one sometime this year though and i cant wait for it) so i was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas where i could buy one from that ships to the UK?

Thanks

24. weeman macrumors 6502

So what is the verdict on this case? Recommended?

25. fastuning macrumors member

Please, can answer someone who have buy this case yet in a store...

can buy one for me and send to SPAIN in europe please?