Incase Neoprene Sleeve

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by BlasphemyCool, Jan 30, 2010.

1. BlasphemyCool macrumors newbie

I'm about to buy a 15 Inch Macbook Pro. I'll be purchasing the Hurley Pinpoint Backpack, but also want a sleeve for it. Seems like the best option is the Incase Neoprene Sleeve, but it has mixed reviews. For those of you that own it, could you please help me out with these questions?

(1) Does the black sleeve stain the Macbook as people report.

(2) Is it strenuous to fit the Macbook in the sleeve due to its tight fit? If so, does it stretch out?

(3) Does the zipper scratch the Macbook? Will being careful solve this?

Any other feedback you might have will help tremendously!

2. Menge macrumors 6502a

Menge

I had one and its absolutely wonderful. Best case I've ever had for a laptop. Didn't stain, didn't scratch and stretched out. I recommend it.

3. BlasphemyCool thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply! I'll be purchasing one then!

Has anyone used the Canvas Sleeve for the Macbook Pro, provided by Incase?
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/canvas-sleeve-cl55246/3
    If so, can you provide some feedback on aesthetics and functionality?

Has anyone use the EO Sleeve for the Macbook Pro, provided by Incase?
    http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/15-sleeve-cl55102
    Could you provide some feedback?

Much appreciated!

4. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

I haven't used either of those cases specifically, but I have used incase sleeves in the past. They're well made and do a good job protecting from bumps.

5. JNB macrumors 604

JNB

No, but I use this one from Incase, and I love it. Good quality, and fits neatly inside my larger airport-friendly brief for travel.

6. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

I have a black one. Never had a problem with it. And now that TSA let's you send laptops through the xray in basic sleeves, it saves a lot of time and wear and tear at the airport.

7. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Personally, I love Contour Design products.

I own a "Re-Versible Sleeve" and a "Pocket Sleeve" (Both in Orange :D). They are absolutely fantastic, extremely soft, offer low-bump and great scratch protection.

The Pocket Sleeve is incredible, as it adds very minimal bulk to the device, yet has a pocket on top, where you can fit LOADS in, I keep my phone, earphones, mobile broadband, iPod etc. In there when I go to the airport. It's HUGE! and only $29.95 I believe.

The Re-Versible sleeve can be turned inside out. Mine is orange, but if you turn it inside out, it turns black with an orange trim! Fantastic xD

Check them out! :) Many different colours. Hope it helps.

8. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

I picked up the black Incase sleeve along with a Speck See-Thru hard case when I bought my 13" MBP last fall. It's a fine sleeve, but after a while I got annoyed because it was a tight fit with the hard case and it took way to long to get on and off, so I ordered a black Apple sac. I have to say that I'm pretty impressed with the Apple sac! It fits my macbook with its hard case perfectly and it has a unique look and feel to it - definitely different than the standard neoprene used in most sleeves and cases...I think it's cheaper too! :apple:

9. chrono1081 macrumors 604

chrono1081

Ive had a black incase sleeve for years. I absolutely love it and have no problems with it.

10. Ann P macrumors 68020

I've purchased the Neoprene for the 13" MBP before. I am using the Nylon case (which I HIGHLY recommend) that I got for Christmas now and I love it. It's perfect for me to lug and carry around campus. My guy friend said it was a little "manly" but what does he know? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Neoprene isn't exactly a tight fit but it does not stretch. Regarding the zipper problem, it has the potential to scratch your MB but just careful. It's really no biggie. I didn't have any staining because the interior was faux-fur. (Maybe there are other linings that I'm not aware of?)

11. mybrown macrumors newbie

15" uMBP with 15" speck case and 17" neoprene incase

i bought the speck see-thru SATIN case..and the incase neoprene sleeve both 15" for my 15" MBP. it was kinda tough to slide it in. (and i dont want to be struggling with it in class). i was thinking about getting the neoprene in a size bigger (17"). any objections/suggestions anyone?

12. thunderboltspro macrumors regular

That might be a little to big.. I have a hard case on my 15" and i accidentally got a sleeve like tangus 15.4 sleeve and its a perfect fit plus its like halfish the price of incase.

13. mybrown macrumors newbie

The hard case? meaning, the one that has a smoother feel? thats my plan b. i know that one will slide perfectly into my neoprene after watchin a demonstration on youtube. but i really love the satin feel. (i might return it for an incase hardshell, which has the same feel as the satin)

ugh, first i debate for days between 13" and 15" mbp. now cases and sleeves..satin & hardcase..speck & incase..it never ends =/

14. thunderboltspro macrumors regular

Yep the speck seethru hardcase.

15. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

I could tell you right now that the larger 17" neoprene sleeve is going to be too big for your 15" MBP even with the see-thru SATIN case. I recently removed my speck hardshell to clean and tried out the Incase sleeve on my "naked" macbook. Maybe I'm just too accustomed to using my Apple sac, but I found that even on the "naked" macbook, the sleeve left a little room and it felt a little saggy (ie. it didn't fit tight like a glove and felt a little big). I'm a big advocate of using the Apple sac or something like it when using your macbook with a hard case, as it just fits better and feels more natural (at least on the 13" model). I think maybe down the road if I get tired/bored of using the Apple sac and want to convert back to using the Incase sleeve, I'll probably look into picking up a less bulky hardshell case (like the Incipio feather case for macbook or something along that line).

16. mybrown macrumors newbie

Yea, i was afraid that the 17" will be way to big. I really want to get the Incase Hardshell (with a satin-like feel)...and sadly return my beautiful neoprene sleeve. but im going to go around with my macbook and try out a bunch of diff sleeves that will fit the incase hardshell.

a lot of ppl had problems with the speck see-thru (NON-SATIN).
    i.e. peices breaking off. customer service probs. etc.
    but i'll probably pick one up today to try it out...

17. Kenzembo1 macrumors 6502

I would definitely check out the AppleSac. You can find it here.

It's definitely a unique sleeve, but I think it looks really cool and it works great with my speck see-thru hardshell, so I'm sure it will work fine with the satin as well. I'm sure there are others out there, you just have to know where to look.

18. mybrown macrumors newbie

problem solved for incase sleeve and hardshell! (for me anyway)

okay so i love both the incase hardshell and my incase sleeve. and the hardshell is a lil too big for the sleeve. SO, im keeping the top part of the hardshell on the top part of the macbook. and it fits pretty perfectly in my sleeve. and when its open, the top isnt so heavy to make it tilt.
    am i genius? yes? no? maybe? haha. anyway, works for me! :)

19. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

When I had an Incase sleeve, this was not the problem. After a while it stretched and could fit my 17" MacBook Pro and Incase Hard Shell. However, those were the days in which you wanted to cut the logo out of the inside, as that was known to scratch. I have since moved on to Tom Bihn's Brain Cell - there really is no comparison.

20. mybrown macrumors newbie

oh those are niiice! (i wish there were more colors to choose from tho) do they fit nicely in a backpack? i carry my backpack with a few books for school. (and in the site you posted, it looks like theres a case on the macbook. does that slide in with ease?

ugh now im having second thoughts AGAIN. shuld i return my $50 incase neoprene sleeve and get a $60 tom bihn?
    i just dont like the idea of having it shipped over here to hawaii and if i dont like it, have to ship it back and pay for it. i still have a lil less than a week to return my incase sleeve for a refund..

21. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I use mine with Tom Bihn's Smart Alec, but yes, it plays nice with any backpack. There's a Speck Satin hard shell on my MacBook Pro and it fits with ease. I'd recommend doing it, but that's just me. I'd make sure and call Tom Bihn or find out the dimension of the exact case you are going to need just so you know that it fits in your respective backpack.