Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nomar383

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Rexburg, ID
Hey guys and gals! I'm thinking of returning my newly purchased Incase Sleeve for an Incase Nylon Backpack. Is it really worth the $100? I would mostly use it for a school book or two, plus my macbook of course. Does it provide good protection? Thoughts?

link

Shackler

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2007
behind you!
It probably is really good because its Incase but i doubt its much better than just buying a sleeve and a regular backpack which could save some $$$

nomar383

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
Rexburg, ID
It probably is really good because its Incase but i doubt its much better than just buying a sleeve and a regular backpack which could save some $$$

Yeah, that's what I have now and what I've done with previous laptops, but I've always kinda had my eye on one of these. I'm assuming it will be friendlier on cables and extra stuff than my crappy backpack? :p

DJAznSensation

macrumors regular
Mar 26, 2008
i have an Incase sleeve for my MacBook Pro , and use a regular backpack... in my eyes the sleeve prevents scratches from pens, paper clips, spiral notebooks, etc when in the bag.

I'll be getting the Incase shell for the MBP soon too, this would help prevent dents when I have those moments in where it slips my mind that a $2000 laptop is in my bag, and I place it carelessly on surfaces

i've seen that backpack at the apple store, and its a little on the big side for me to be on my back... but no matter what Incase makes some good products for MacBooks & MBPs

:apple: DJ Asian Sensation

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.