Incase Nylon Backpack!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by alvamia, Jan 20, 2011.

1. alvamia macrumors newbie

Hello I am new to this so sorry if I do this incorrectly. I am looking to buy the following:

Incase Designs Nylon Backpack 2009 for All MacBooks, Black (CL55092)

Can anyone help me. Or does anyone have one for sale in new or like new condition. Thank you[/SIZE]

2. peapody macrumors 68040

peapody

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

4. alvamia thread starter macrumors newbie

Damn.... well if anyone knows how to get one.... or if you have a slightly used one that you would want to sell please let me know.

5. ghoti macrumors member

I haven't seen those in a while!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have you tried ebay??????????????

6. HappyDude20, Jan 20, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2011

HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Well, I have to tell you, I'm really glad I found this thread.

I am the InCase Sling backpack Master.

First of all, let me tell you that (in my opinion) only one great Sling Backpack from InCase exists; my 2007 model. Why you may ask? Because it was built with a higher quality.

The model thats currently out and the 2009 model don't have real zippers. In fact, you'll notice they use like little cloth straps, which is my opinion could be cumbersome when wanting to get your MacBook Pro in and out of your backpack throughout the day, among other items you may like to grab.

My 2007 model has real zippers that are covered with a black rubber InCase grip; trust me, I've walked into the Apple Store with my sling backpack, have compared the two and the really black rubber zippers I have are so much better.

Aside from that, trust me when I say that this backpack has been my 2nd best friend for the past few years. It's been with me in China, Japan, Chicago, New York and of course home here in L.A., most of the times with my MacBook Pro inside.

I take great care of it, too. About 2 years ago I walked into a random dry cleaning shop about a block away from my old apartment and asked the shop-keep if there was anyway to get it cleaned; considering I always had it with me. They said yes, charged me $7 and was very impressed with the results. To the point where I make sure to get it cleaned every two months; though where I'm living at now, the dry cleaning place charges me $12, not a big deal but you know. :rolleyes:

Truth be told, I've felt both the new models and my current one I own and (perhaps its all mental) but the one I own feels of a higher degree of quality. Aside, this backpack, considering its not a huge JanSport style backpack, has conformed me to place things in my backpack that I only truly need. While some kid with a big backpack can pack all of his textbooks in a big backpack, usually I simply just throw in my MBP, camera, Flip HD, pencils, pen, ethernet cable (you never know), headphones, etc.

The pouches and two zippered pockets inside is perfect housing for my little important daily things.

Finally, I'm sure you're wondering about the protection of a MacBook Pro inside...which has been phenomenal. I've never ever ever ever once ever, put a case or sleeve on my MacBook Pro. I always simply slide my MacBook Pro (& old MacBook (RIP)) into its dedicated pocket in the InCase backpack and head out the door. & let me tell you, I've been rough with my backpack. Many times in the morning i'll be in a rush, minutes before being late to class or work and i'll simply chuck my backpack (w/ MBP inside) into the passenger seat of my car......and my MacBook has never ever been affected by any of this. It truly is an incredible backpack...

Trust me, this backpack has been a great friend. I have memories of running out in the heavy rain in a little town in China, with MacBook inside, running inside a little restaurant to use their weak WiFi signal to Skype with family back home.

I've owned this backpack for years and have included photos for you to check out:

1. Check out the zippers. One of them once came off, but a little bit of gorilla glue fixed it right up.

2. The inside feature 4 pouches; two feel like nylon stockings and the other two of a heavier duty net.

3. Two more pocket/pouches inside; the most accessible once I've used for pencils, pens and MacBook Pro charger adapter. The (hidden) pouch i've used to store earphones & Ethernet cable.

4. The front big zippered pocket/pouch/whatever you wanna call it, usually has my iPod, Cell phone and moleskine with pen.

5. The beginning of the strap has a pocket as well with a little rubberized hole, presumably to house an iPod and to use earphones with...but I usually put my keys in there.

6. The last pocket is the one on the back part of the backpack, the part that literally touches your back, of which I usually have either a note card in there, or a sheet of local food coupons, in case I end up wanting to grab some grub with friends.

7. Lastly, for all the adventures i've undergone with this pack, it's still in remarkably good condition. The only two little qualms I have are a tiny little dot of a tear on the back portion of the back, of which no one can ever see cause you're wearing the backpack itself. & secondly, at the top of the backpack, where the sling begins, a super small tear is there, though admittedly doesn't affect the daily use of the backpack. Yes I can sew it up, and I probably will, though I haven't gotten around to it considering its not really a big issue for me.

8. In about a month i'll be leaving to China & Japan once again. This time for 6 months and am planning on taking this same backpack once again. Still not entirely sure. I like the current Nylon Sling backpack, but I know its not going to match my InCase.

Edit: I remember contacting InCase in Feb. of 2009, asking them if there was any way I could re-purchase the same model I have but they said they didn't have or make them anymore...but I could trade my current one in for a $50 credit. I've even searched on eBay and Craigslist but haven't found one in good condition for under $100.

Attached Files:

7. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

..a few more

Here are a few more pics :eek:

Attached Files:

8. alvamia thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for the detail post on the sling bag. But i am looking for the nylon backpack not sling pack. the link that was posted for amazon is for the sling pack.............. it is nice but not what i am looking for.

9. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Either way, you're not gonna go wrong with an InCase.

I'm still debating whether to take this same bag with my to China, or purchase the new one...but the new ones are 15inches, not 17, which has allowed me to carry a bit more with me around.

10. jeffwright macrumors newbie

I have the slightly newer version of the sling pack and I have been happy with it. The plastic grips sound nice but mine has lasted pretty well as well.
    I am going to have to take your tip though for dry cleaning at some point. Mine has traveled quite a bit too and is still in great shape! Has also really protected both my Macbook pro's quite a bit.

11. AppChat macrumors regular

i have the 2009 nylon version and a 2010 canvas verision. same design cept made of canvas