Incase or Griffin Clarifi

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by inf, Jul 2, 2009.

1. inf macrumors 6502

inf

I almost already bought the Incase Slider but then I read a lot of reviews that it scratches the phone, so I started to look for alternatives.

Griffin has this clarifi case which seems to be pretty same as the slider.

Any thoughts about the Griffin Clarifi? Does it scratch the phone too like the Slider seems to do?

2. fabianvs macrumors regular

fabianvs

stay AWAY from the incase slider. gave me a huge scratch :mad:

3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I've only had the slider on for about 2 weeks but I've had no problems with it scratching. I honestly think you are risking the chance of getting a scratch with ANY case if you don't have a full skin on it also. The problem with that is that a lot of cases won't fit with a skin on it. I'm running into this situation now.

4. SooneratND macrumors regular

I just got the Innocase II Surface from Seidio. Really similar to the Incase, but lined with felt on the inside to keep it from scratching. You might want to check it out.

5. DrunkenMunky macrumors member

I was looking at those cases aswell.

But now I'm going to buy the SwitchEasy CapsuleNeo

You should check it out here.

6. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I was thinking about going with that case and I still might. I had the version for my ipod touch 2g and it worked great. A big pain to put the thing on but looks/works beautiful after it is. Just sold my Touch without a single scratch or blemish on it after owning it for 6 months.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

You get scratches with nearly anything, dust and dirty will always find a way in there absent some sorta wrap. Remember, a scratch from a case is much better then one from a key.

8. DrunkenMunky macrumors member

Well said :D

9. threezero macrumors 6502

I have the clarifi and I no longer use it, I use Incase slider instead. Here's why

- the macro lens gets way to dirty way too easier and is hard to restore to original clarity.

- the gloss back scratch way too easily and it look all beat up within a week

- once on the phone it feels bulkier than the slider

the most important

- If you drop you phone like i did and the the macro lens took most of the impact you will end up with quite a deep scratch on back on the iphone. maybe less noticable on a white phone but VERY noticeable on the black one.

- One have dropped it the lens will continue to dig in to the scratch the more you move the lens.